Superboy x Reader✅

Comincia dall'inizio

The two of you began to walk together, to what seemed to be the direction of your house, in silence. But the silence was quickly broken by Superboy himself. "I can leave if you want," he offered, a scowl gracing his features. You quickly shook your head in retaliation, "No, I don't mind."

The comfortable silence began to pick up again but it was cut short by yet another of Superboy's interruptions. "You shouldn't be out like this," he scolds but a hint of concern gave his angry demeanour away. A dry chuckle escaped your lips, "I am more than capable of taking care of myself and besides..." You paused, taking a moment to bump your shoulder with his. "I have the boy of steel by my side."

Heat began to slowly crawl up his his neck when your shoulder collided with his bare arm, sending a jolt of electricity up his arm. Without knowing himself, a small smile began to break out on his face. And soon enough he was grinning.

Surprisingly, the whole sidewalk was empty, not a person in sight - meaning that none of his teammates could interfere - and the only sound audible is the wind rustling the leaves of a few trees accompanied by the small thumping of their feet.

Leaves began to quiver as the wind passed by, making the clone shiver as the tantalising wind brushed his bare arms. For the third time that evening the silence was broken but this time by you, "It must be so awesome living with Superman." A flash of pain washed over Superboy's features. Clark and him had once discussed his living quarters and he had made it clear that he was strictly going to live at the cave.

A subconscious snort escaped Superboy's lips, "If only." Your eyebrows began to furrow in confusion. "What's that supposed to mean," you asked but you were only met with silence. The two of you were consumed by silence as you made it to the final road that lead you to your humble abode.

The Metropolis weather brought a rare harsh wind as the two of you walk forwards. Without noticing himself, Superboy moved a little closer to you, occasionally knocking elbows and hips as you walk down the empty street together. "I had a lot of fun today," you laughed, your (E/C) eyes flicking up to meet his and the uncanny grin returns to his face.

"Me too," he shamefully admitted, a sudden pink hue caressing his cheeks as he peered at you. As much fun as watching static seemed, he'd rather choose your company instead. He was about to say something when he was interrupted by the sound of static followed by the pubescent voice of Robin hissing in his ear, "Superboy! Batman needs the team to go on a recon mission in Biyalia."

"I'm coming," he quickly grumbled under his breath. They really couldn't have chosen any other time? He pulled his hand away from his comm as he turned back to you. "I have to go now," he frowned, and grimaced as a small frown graced your lips.

"You can make it home by yourself, right?" He asked and you only rolled your eyes in response. You were literally five minutes away from your house, not that he knew. You reached out and grabbed his arm, giving it a soft squeeze. As you did so a pleasant current crawls up his arms as you begin to pull your hand back.

"I'll make it home safe," you smiled grimly, gazing back up at him. Your frown deepened, you had only just met him now and he was leaving so soon, too soon in fact. "Do you really have to leave?" You quickly blurted. "I mean, I kinda owe you for walking me home," you quickly added.

"It's a hero thing," he quietly admitted, slightly drooping his shoulders. A gnawing feeling erupted in his stomach but he brushed it off, taking a step back. He slowly but his inner cheek as the clouds above them rumbled, the chilly wind picking up again.

"Is this goodbye?"

For whatever reason it may have been, you were crestfallen to have to watch his retreating figure. Sure you had only met him a short while ago, but he really made your evening. Superboy froze, quickly turning around. A quizzical brow was arched, "Seems so."

You quickly caught his gaze, your (E/C) orbs meeting his omniscient blue eyes. The two of you held gazes for a short while before Superboy finally let out a breath he hadn't known he was holding. This seemed to be his first goodbye, he hadn't met anyone who he had yet to do so with. "Goodbye (Y/N)."

"Goodbye Superboy."

And with that, he turned around. You tried your best to ignore the numb feeling in your chest caused by the audible chuckle escaped his lips and echoed in the empty road. As you watched his retreating figure, a small smile began to mark your face. You hadn't met someone quite as indifferent as him and you had to admit it, he was quite the character.

[A/N: is Connor passive aggressive or what?]