Blue

Second chapter, and it's a Soriku chappie!

I'm not actually a Soriku fan, but lately I've been soft for platonic relationships between Sor and Riku. And Kairi too! Man, I love the Destiny Trio.

Disclaimer ensues, I do not own Kingdom Hearts. Halfway there, nyan!

*********************************************

The second time it happens, Sora is in high school.

The timid fourteen year old is out at their school field to watch the active tryout game of baseball. He's been thinking of joining a sports team but... Sora hasn't exactly grown out of his clumsiness. Be it rugby, badminton, soccer even – he will always drop the ball or bat in a panic or trip over his feet when he's running, so it's safe to say that he isn't exactly cut out for sports. Still, it doesn't deter him from admiring the athletes he so aspires to be.

"...THERE YOU ARE! For goodness sake, Sora, I'VE BEEN LOOKING EVERYWHERE FOR YOU!" There's a female voice calling out to him, reprimanding her brunette best friend for all it was worth.

"Hmm?"

"You said you wouldn't come here so often anymore! You know it's faaaar from campus and tiring for my legs – dude, I feel like I've just walked a kilometre or something!" Kairi continues to scold Sora with a hand on her hips. She and the azure-eyed teen had been inseparable since elementary, and they've become really good friends like Sora vowed to be ever since he found out that Kairi wasn't really his soulmate. It's only natural they'd be in the same high school as each other, and who knows... maybe come the next four or so years, the two would apply to the same university just to be with one another if Destiny allows it.

However, Kairi is currently mad at him for ditching her at lunch yet again to, according to her, watch a dumb baseball game. And it's not that she doesn't believe he's ever going to get into a sports team, but realistically, he'd have to work very hard to be in proper shape AND practice every single day without his motor skills getting in the way. Sora is sitting at the top most bleacher taking notes when the red-haired girl joins him, two kebab wraps in her hands. She hands the other to her best friend and boldly looks over his shoulder to see what he's writing. "Notes on baseball pitching, huh... You know, because of you, I'm starving. I've been running around the whole school to find you, you daft moron."

"Alright, alright, I'm sorry. Thanks for the food, though." She's gotten a lot feistier than she was in her younger years, but seven years later, Kairi still looks as beautiful as she always has. When he turns his attention to the field, and to the players who are all cheering for one another as the couch tests both their batting and pitching skills, Sora doesn't stop the smile that spreads across his face. It must be nice to be so deeply passionate about something and excel at it. As far as he was concerned, all the brunette's good at is being clumsy. Maybe he should aspire to be a clown instead.

"Sor, check this out," Kairi takes out her phone and shows him a trending article on her social media profile. "You know the famous Axel from the Treblemakers, yeah? Well it turns out, he's been caught with a girlfriend who he only found out was his soulmate until after they've already had a month's worth of dates. Isn't that so weird? Apparently they just clicked without thinking about it on that first day. Aww..."

"How'd they find that out?" Sora asks as he peers over the device and reads the headline for himself. Nowadays, everything pasted on the internet is so overrated. Soulmate this, soulmate that. Everyone at their age is always talking about it!