“Long enough.”   It came out as a grunt

Will looked at me- really looked at me like he was sizing me up.

“You got a mate Blake?”

I smiled, “yes I have a mate… but I’m fucking yours. “

I couldn’t wipe my smile off my face this morning, I leaned in – smile still in place

“… I’m going to mate with her soon.”

Wills hand gripped the table, taking deep breaths I waited for him to take back control. After a few minutes he opened his eyes – a speck of yellow still in them. If anybody walked by the kitchen window they would think we were having a pleasant conversation.

“Eryns mine Blake, sure we had ah… well for lack of a better word a “falling out”… but I will always have the one thing you can never have. The mate bond. She belongs with me; by my side as my luna.”

I couldn’t help it I let out a booming laugh; this guy was nuts. Eryn would never join him. A part of me- one that I would never admit to- was worried. As much as he hated to say it William was right, they did have the mate bond. Taking a line from Eryn I looked at William.

“You make me laugh Phil”

“My name is Will” his voice was aggravated… good.

I stood up ready to go find my woman,” Ya whatever “  making my way to the patio doors I was stopped by Wills hand as soon as I went to step outside.

“Eryn will leave here with me Blake, I made a mistake when I was younger, a stupid one I know but I will spend the rest of my life making it up to her. She is not yours Blake she is mine, always will be. She doesn’t really care for you; our bond would never allow it”

I took a menacing step closer to him – my nose almost touching his.

“She doesn’t care for me Phil? … Well you could have fooled me. The way my name was being screamed from her  last night – and every other night for the last two years must have confused me” I turned around ready to head back outside but dammit I was a stubborn man. Looking back at a very pissed will I couldn’t help but rub it in one more time.

“I should thank you though Phil”

“What? Why? … And my fucking name is Will you piece of shit”

With a shrug I smiled; he was way too easy to rile up.

“The best gift I ever received was Eryn’s innocence. Thanks for rejecting her; I never did get to have somebody virginity before – best sex I ever had.”

Will was shaking in the kitchen when I walked out onto the patio. I knew he was going to shift; what a joke he is. I watched as he walked towards the gym, good now I need to find Eryn. Looking over into the trees I heard her laugh. Who was making her laugh?

A blonde haired boy had his arm around her shoulders, he had that stupid look in his eyes – he wanted my girl. I watched as she looked up and smiled a friendly smile at him – good she didn’t want him but who was this kid? As they got closer I stepped off the patio; intending on meeting them halfway. I couldn’t help being a little pissed off. First I had to deal with Will and now there’s another guy I have to put in his place?

“I was trying to find you, seems you have been rather busy”

 “Yeah Blake, I’d like you to meet Jake… my best friend from back home… we were down by the stream catching up. Jake this is Blake my… boyfriend?” Her angelic voice always soothed me. Wait… did she just call me her boyfriend? We never put a title on us. I wanted to but I didn’t want to put any pressure on her – I was happy with how things were we didn’t need to be “exclusive”. She was having a hard time anyways with Will and the training and that idiot Daniel. Smiling down at her I went to give her a kiss but that blonde haired boy stepped up with his hand stretched out. What is it with this weak little pack and shaking hands?

I shook his hand back, glaring at him. I knew exactly what he was thinking; I had to do an inner happy dance… Eryn called me her boyfriend.

I was so busy glaring back at Jake I didn’t even notice Eryn leave.

“So… you’re Jake was it?”

His eyes narrowed, “Yes… the one and only. I assume Eryn has told you about me”

He was so sure of himself. Did he really believe he had a chance with Eryn? Seriously? Taking my hand back I turned to walk back into the house; but not before I turned around and looked at Jake

“No Eryn has never said a thing about you… but I assume it’s because I keep her pretty busy. I’m sure you heard how busy we were last night”

His growl made me smile; stuffing my hands into my jean pockets I made my way to the gym. Yep, today was going to be a good day.