⏰Clock⏰Workers⏰

000:06:5:20:34:01

My patient's, Shouyou Hinata, clock read above his head. It means 6 weeks 5 days 20 hours 34 minutes and 1 second...until...well until he dies.

I just got assigned to him recently as his doctor/nurse and nobody knows I'm what some would call a "Clock Worker". You may be asking what a Clock Worker is. To put it in the most simplest terms: Clock Workers see everybody's ticking time bomb. We get to know the exact time someone dies. In fact, if we get close enough to someone (emotionally) we can see slight glimpses as to how they die.

Some people would do anything to know.

Anything...

Although, for others it drives them completely mad. People have been killed by Clock Workers because the Clock Worker couldn't handle seeing that person's clock dwindle down to nothing. On the other hand, humans have killed Clock Workers for not telling them what their clock looks like.

After awhile, Clock Workers eventually became known as something lower than humans. Dirt. Something meant to be kicked around. Insignificant. Nothing. No Clock Worker is technically allowed to have a conventional job.The government controls all known Clock Workers and they are used as slaves to the population. Clock Workers can only work for the government as a reaper who judges people and kills them if they aren't good enough for... well the "the good of humanity".

As they tell us. 

Fortunately, many Clock Workers avoided that outcome and are currently safe. My family is one of the many who went into hiding and are safe. Now whoever picked the same fate will work and go on like as if they are human.

They weighed their options and picked their poison. Of course this is all underground, (metaphorically) so the typical citizen has no idea that these Clock Workers exist. My family is one of the many who went into hiding and now nobody knows what I can see.

I look down at his papers for the first time and notice he has stage 3 Luekymia. I look back up to him and it looks like he is sleeping. He's the same age as me too. I see he's already on an IV so I turn to leave. I can't really do anything else today as my shift is almost over.

"What? Am I just that scary?" Hinata asks suddenly. I look at him in confusion. "You walk in here and look at my papers then attempt to walk out. Wow," he smiles at me weakly. He rolls over to his side with a groan and pushes his orange hair that could possibly be gone soon out of his face. "Come talk to me. It's so dull and boring in here," I can't help but to glance at his clock.

000:06:5:20:30:55

"S-Sorry I can't," I quickly rush out of his room. I'm so sorry Hinata. You seem nice. But... I can't.

"HEY KING!" One of my friends hits my back and laughs. I turn to see who it is and of course it's my best friend Oikawa and his stone-cold-faced boyfriend.

"I told you to stop calling me that," I grumble while I walk to the front desk. I try desperately to ignore him and focus on my work but Oikawa wouldn't -as he would say "can't"- stand for that.

"Don't be so humble King. We all know you are the best doctor in here!"  Oikawa puts his elbow in my shoulder playfully. I push him off knowing Oikawa is known as the best doctor in the country. I roll my eyes and take papers from the secretary, Ms. Kiyoko, and signed a few and read others. I ignored pretty much everything Oikawa and Iwaizumi were saying in the process.

"Aone can you please do something," I ask over my shoulder. Out of nowhere Aone appears behind them like he was there the entire time. Oikawa and Iwaizumi put their hands up in defense.