f i v e

f i v e

                                                     Flora

         Closing my history textbook, letting out a sigh of relief that I'd managed to finish studying the fourty pages of torture that was French Revolution. Fiddling the hard binds of the book, I looked at my phone which was vibrating on the table. Picking it up, I checked who the caller was as I'd put my phone on silent. The caller ID read 'Zayn' and a smile spread on my face, just looking at his name.

       Pressing the 'Accept' option, I brought the phone next to my ear, waiting for his honey like voice to enter my ears.

     "Hey babe, whatsup?", he asked, a tone of excitement filling his voice. I could hear the sound of cars and a gush of fresh air from the other side.

    "Are you outside?", I asked, licking my lips which were dry.

          "Yep, I'm just talking a walk.", he answered, and I could clearly hear his quick breathing.

         "Someone's excited.", I teased, making the boy on the other line chuckle. His laugh was one of the cutest ones I'd ever seen. I could litereally imagine the way his eyes crinkled and the way his teeth shone when he laughed. It always cheered me up and lightened my mood, which nobody ever did.

      "It's just that.. the Talent contest is coming up and I'm pretty excited.", he chirped, making me realize that it was the time of the year of the Talent Contest. Every single year, Zayn and his friends won the talent contest, and they deserved every part of it. Every girl in this school fell for their voices -- obviously, because they sounded like angels -- and not to mention, even the boys in the school were jealous of the five. My heart always melted whenever I heard Zayn sang, and I wasn't the only one who was in love with his voice. Since the day Zayn and I became friends, I'd always wanted to listen to Zayn sing alone, and that was something that I'd been wishing for quite sometime.

   "Oh, that... you always win Zayn, and I bet you and your friends are gonna win this year too.", I smiled, fiddling with the loose hem that hung out from the bottom of my sleeve. After a long pause, he replied asking me, making my mind cloud with confusion.

       "Can you meet me at the park?"

   I opened my mouth to speak, but the words didn't escape my mouth. Why did he want to meet me?

        I finally spoke, gulping, "Right now?"

     "Yeah, right now.", he voice was commanding and he rushed through the words. I didn't understand why he wanted to meet me right now, and it was nine in the night at the moment.

           "I don't know Zayn, I don't think my mum-"

      The sound of the doorbell ringing cut me off from speaking, and I turned my head towards the direction of my bedroom door. I placed my phone back to my ear and spoke in a rushed manner, "Zayn, someone's at the door, can I call you back?"

        "I'll wait, you go see who's at the door.", he said, and I mumbled an 'okay' back before walking towards the door. As my foot worked down the wooden stairs, I'd noticed that my mum had already answered the door. Stopping in my tracks, I walked slowly down the rest of stairs, waiting for the person at the door to come in so I could see who it was. I could see my mum leaning out the door with a surprised face. Her lips turned into a smirk as she looked up at my confused state. She opened the door and let the person in, and as soon my eyes fell on  him, they widened.