s i x

s i x

                       Flora

        As I slowly walked towards the music room, my heart was pumping blood a thousand times faster. Beats of sweat started to form on the inner surface of my palm, making the books slip out of my hand. Holding them tightly against my chest, I held the doorknob and pushed open the music room door, grabbing everyone's attention inside the room. All the faces with a surprised turned around to find me at the door. I hated and attention and at the moment, I was getting all of it. I dropped my head down and gazed at the floor as I walked towards the end of the line of people who were registering their name for the talent contest. Biting my lip, I tried my best to keep my gaze away from all of them who were staring at me as if I was some alien who just landed on earth.

        "Why is she here?"

        "Why the heck is the registering? She doesn't even have any talent."

        "I'd love to watch her making a fool of myself! Now I'd definitely attend the Talent contest just to watch her."

        Those loud murmurs were only making my confidence level lower to the lowest point possible. I couldn't stand there and listen to everyone talking loud enough wanting me to hear all of it. A tear slipped my eye, running down my cheek.  

       "Stop crying Flora, not now. You have to do it for Zayn.", I whispered to myself, wiping the tear off my cheek as Zayn's words echoed in my mind.

      'Flora, you are capable of entering the completition. I'll be the one cheering you all the way long. Please enter the competition Flora, I believe in you."

         I finally looked up to find a group of girls at the corner of the room, glaring at me. They were staring at me as if I'd done a big mistake. One of the girls, with bleached blonde hair started to walk towards me, making my heart beat faster.

       I quickly looked away and kept my gaze to the front of the line at the music teacher Ms.Faith sitting behind the desk. My hands started to tremble uncontrollably and nervousness struck me. From the corner of my eye, I could see the girl standing right next to me, and she cleared her throat to catch my attention. I tried to ignore her, but it wasn't working.

      "Ahem, can't you see I'm standing here, move.", she ordered, placing her hands on her perfect curvy hips. I gulped, slowly taking a few steps back, not realizing that there was someone standing behind me. My back suddenly hit the person, but I landed on the ground, dropping all my books. The boy behind me started to laugh loudly, loudly enough to get everyone to laugh at me. I was suddenly the laughing stock at the moment. 

        "Why is everybody laughing?! Quiet everyone!", Ms.Faith ordered, shutting everyone up in the room. The laughter eventually died down but the girl next to me didn't seem to move from her place.

      "Why are you even registering for this? What are you going to do? Play the triangle?", she laughed, and her friends, who I was assuming to be her little clique. I slowly got up, wiping tears which trickled down my cheeks in a faster rate. I gulped, looking away from her. My nails dug on the edges of my textbooks, almost tearing the thin cover on them. I was trembling with fear, not know what to do. But I stood on my feet, trying to hide the fear.

        "Aren't you friends with Zayn right now? I don't even know what he sees in a loser like you. Maybe he just wants to be your fuck budd-"