P r o l o g u e

p ro l o g u e

       Flora

             "Bitch!"

             "Slut!"

             "Go fuck yourself."

       Words which I never wanted to hear entered my ears as I shut my eyes in anger. My hands found their way to my ears as I walked through the hallway of my school. My books dropped  to the ground, causing a lot of noise. I sighed, and bent down to pick them up and suddenly, a third hand caught my attention when it picked up my math textbook. The smell of cologne filled my nose and I looked up to see who it was. The beautiful amber eyed smiled, handing me the book in his hand. 

         Zayn was the hottest boy in school and every girl had a major crush on him. He was a straight 'A' student and a decent guy, which made girls fall for him even more. His perfect quiff, mesmerizing eyes and angelic voice never failed to flatter anyone. He was the defintion of perfect. Every girl in the school tried to impress him, except me. Why try to impress someone who's never going to like you?

          "Th-thankyou Zayn.", I stuttered with my words, as my cheeks turned crimson red. Zayn shoved his right hand into his side pocked, "It's alright Flora. Do you mind me walking you to class?"

         That was nothing new. I didn't want him to walk me to class, but I didn't want to be rude either.

         I once again stumbled with my words, "Uh.. I um.. sure."

         Zayn's lips curved to a smile and scratched the back of his neck as he started walking with me. The shocked expressions and cusses surrounding me made me uncomfortable. Ofcourse, who wouldn't be shocked when the hottest boy in school walked with a weirdo like me who had no friends?

        I looked down at me feet and stopped in my tracks, sighing. Zayn stopped in his tracks and leaned to whisper, sending chills down my spine, "Just ignore them."

          My voice cracked, "But they all hate me Zayn, how can I-"

          He cut me off by shushing me, "Shh, don't say that. You didn't do anything for them to hate you. They just hate you because they have no other thing in life to do than hate you. You don't deserve all of this. Just ignore them Flora."

         Sighing, I nodded and Zayn's soothing smile lightened my mood. As we started walking again, he popped a question, "Which class do you have now?"

         "Maths, you?"

         "Same. Is Ms.Fox your teacher?"

         "Yeah.", I said, fiddling with the loose hem at the end of my shirts's sleeve. Zayn excited tone entered my ears, "I'm in the same class as you! Isn't that great?"

        Why was he excited because he had a class with me? Why was he being so nice to me when nobody else was? Why was he trying to help me? Zayn had an amazing life, many friends and a good reputation. Why was he spoiling it by talking to a nobody like me? I was just a girl did nothing except wonder why my life was horrible. Was he doing it out of pity? Was he feeling bad for me because I had no friends and nobody to talk to?

          "Yeah, great.", I mumbled under my breath sarcastically, and entered the class with the excited boy next to me.