Chapter 3

Blake's POV

After lunch, I head to French class. I don't know why I picked French out of Italian, Spanish, French, or German, but I want to go to France one day. I'm not even French!

I see Kris, and sit next to her.

"Are you okay?" I ask.

"No! Jamie is such a slut! I liked Jack, and she knew it, but while she was dating Kyle, she kissed Jack! Ughhh!" She screams, causing everyone to look. Jack walks over.

"Wait, you like me?" He pursues, touching her arm.

"What, nooo, psh, whatever." She lies, obviously, too.

"Clearly you do. It's okay, because I like you too." He sits next to her on her other side, and holds her hand. "Will you go on a date with me?"

"Okay." Kris shyly states this and smiles. Everyone claps. The teacher then walks into the room, and the clapping stops.

"Bonjour la classe. Ouvrez vous manuels scolaires à la page 52, commencer avec la lecture et suivez avec les questions."
(I got this from a translator, and the sentence in English is
"Hello, class. Please open your textbooks to page 52, start with the reading and follow with the questions.")

I open my textbook to page 52 and begin reading. I don't even know why we have reading, maybe just to warm us up to the language.

I start on the questions when the bell rings. I sigh.

"Quelle que soit vous n'avez pas terminé est pour les devoirs à la maison ce soir. Avoir une bonne journée." ("Whatever you did not finish is for homework tonight. Have a good day.")

*after school*

I grab my phone and see the text I sent to myself from Cody's phone.

Blake: hey Cody, it's Blake

Cody: hey meet me at my place at 6:45, dinner's at 7:00. I'll send my address to you later. Thanks

Blake: ok see you then.

I begin to walk home, and it begins to rain. I sigh. The wind blows, causing my hair to go in my face. Someone touches my shoulder and spins me around.

"Jack?" I ask. His fingers graze my arm.

"Blake. I saw you didn't have an umbrella. Let me walk you home." His white smile shines through the light.

"Yeah, sure, thanks." His umbrella protects me from the pouring rain. His left hand grabs my right as we walk. I lead him to my house. We walk up to the porch.

"Thanks Jack. That meant a lot." I smile, and hug him. He leans in and goes to kiss me. I duck out of the way, and he stumbles forward.

"Jack, what the hell?" He opens his eyes, lips still puckered, and rushes to stand up straight.

"Oh, uh, ha, sorry. Right. See you tomorrow." A cough emits from his mouth. He slips a paper in the pocket of my sweatshirt.

I unlock, open, go inside, and shut the door immediately. I head up to my room and after setting my book bag down and taking off my shoes, I flop onto the bed. I pull my phone out of my back pocket of my jeans and scroll through Instagram. I remember about Jack's number. I type it into my contacts and put it as "Jack🐢".

Blake: hey it's Blake

Jack: hola amigo wyd

B: nm wbu

J: eh. Just doing homework

B: ughhh don't remind meeee

J: fine I won't. Could I have Kristen's number?

B: sure it's ***-***-****

J: thanks

B: no problemo gtg see ya later.

I turn off my phone and lay it down. I get up, grab my book bag, and go to my desk. I continue on with homework until I'm finished. I really only have French.

I check the time and see that it is 4:30. My homework is done, so I decide to get ready. I go to the bathroom and shower. The hot water steams up the bathroom. My hair is lathered, and after I rinse out the shampoo, I put in conditioner and wash my body. I finish with the shower, get out, and dry off. I wrap the towel around my body and head to my room. I grab a pair of black high waisted skinny jeans, underwear, a bra, and a mint green crop top with lace on the back. Barely any stomach skin is showing. After putting on my clothing and deodorant, I put on some white ankle socks and white Jordan's.

I go on my phone, the time being 5:15. I decide to put on a little mascara and eyeliner, along with a light shade of lipstick, not over-doing it. The time is now 5:45. I have one hour. I text Cody.

B: hey what's your address?

C: sorry, it's (address here)

B: k see you in an hour!

He doesn't respond after that, so I just scroll through Instagram until it is 6:05. I pack an overnight bag along with my book bag for Kristen's house, and school tomorrow. I have to be there by 6:45, so I leave, the walking distance being only 15 minutes.

I leave, saying bye to my mom and dad, and start walking. I get there 5 minutes early, so I ring the doorbell. Cody answers, and pulls me into the house.

"Well, hi to you too." I turn and see his parents, Mr. and Mrs. Anderson.

"Hi, Mr. and Mrs. Anderson. Pleasure to meet you. I am Blake." I firmly shake their hands.

"Pleasure to you too, Blake. Please, call us Becky and Tom." Mr. Anderson says, smiling.

I smile back, hoping this dinner blows over well, and also that Cody's parents are NOTHING like Cody.

Word Count: 951

A/n: hey, it's Jordan! I haven't updated in a while! So sorry, I had summer homework and I'm busy with swim practice and school. How is everyone? The dinner chapter should be posted soon, and I will try to follow the same schedule I set last chapter for updates. Btw I specially updated this chapter for you at 10:00 pm, and I am tired, mind you. Alright, love you guys! Also, leave feed back? Thanks boos, ly 😘