Chapter 1

Blake's POV

I open my locker looking at my friend, Kristen.

"So, I was at the mall the other day, and guess who I saw at Starbucks!" Her happy energy can be annoying sometimes. but she is a kind-hearted, loyal person.

"Who, Kris?" I sigh, hoping it won't be another celebrity or an ex-boyfriend. Or a popular person from our school.

"Cody Anderson! He was buying a latte. An ICED latte. I thought he was a 'bad boy' or something. Bad boys DON'T buy iced lattes." I roll my eyes, and grab my books. That boy is bad news, and Kristen knows it.

"Oh goodness. Did you say anything to him?" Interrogating Kristen is easy. She is gullible too.

"No," she pauses. "He just waved and winked."

The bell rings, and I hug Kris and run to class.

"See you later Kris! Love ya!" I sigh as soon as I get into the classroom.

I take the only seat available. Next to Cody. As I turn, putting my books on the desk and rotate to sit down, Cody slaps my butt.

"Excuse me?" I face a smirking Cody.

"Sorry babe, can't help it, with that fine ass."

I roll my eyes, and sit down. Cody throws a piece of rolled up looseleaf around the classroom, people writing things on it. It doesn't get to me though, before the teacher grabs it.

"Today's lesson is about... You know what? It's a free period. BUT by the end of class, I expect a creative writing piece at least 8 pages long. You have an hour." I get out my looseleaf.

"Blake McColeman, please come up here." Mr. Michaels waves his hand for me to go up there. "You are the only one who has finished amazing work this year. If you would like to skip this assignment, you may. Just do whatever you want."

"Thank you sir." I go back to my seat, and take my phone out. I receive a text from Kris.

Kris: bathroom in Eastman wing IMMEDIATELY. emergency meeting.

Blake: okay, hold up. Mr. Michaels is teach. Lemme ask.

Kris: never mind. Let me just text you.

Blake: what

Kris: okay, well, Carrie Bents asked me to eat lunch with her. What do I say?

Blake: I don't like her, but if you want to, go ahead..

Kris: I don't need to. I won't.

Blake: okay, thanks boo. ly gtg.

I scroll through Instagram, and feel breathing down my neck. Cody takes my phone, and types something.

"You're now following me. Thanks baby." He winks and I gag. Well, mentally.

Mr. Michaels stands up and begins to speak. "Okay, class, I would like you to stop writing. You all are going to have partners for an assignment. It's who is sitting next to you. So, Amanda and Joan, Blake and Cody, Mark and Matthew. Like that. Your assignment will be given to you tomorrow. You have to work EQUALLY. The protect is take home, and due in a month's time. More information will be discussed tomorrow, and if you are not in class, an email will be given with the partners and other information listed. This is for everyone, and is worth 30% of your grade."

I look at Cody and roll my eyes. He laughs and reaches over the aisle and grabs my thigh, squeezing it. I smack his hand away.

The bell rings, and I grab my bag and leave immediately. I am not going to work with him.

Hey it's Jordan and I hope you like this story! Vote and comment for more! 😘😘