Chapter 12

Jace's POV

"It's simple, really." Katilyn said, watching her laptop screen with a deep concentration.

"You see, our Amulets give off a strong frequency, for some reason. So, I downloaded the frequency, and did a world-wide search for frequencies of the same kind."

"How many sources did you find?" I asked, raising an eyebrow questioningly.

Katilyn turned the computer towards our direction. A bunch of red dots littered the picture of the globe. "Twenty-two."

"However," Katilyn continued, pressing a key on the computer, "almost all of them I could trace back to military origin." A lot of the dots disappeared, leaving only 10 or so.

"Not counting us, we only have to find 7 Amulets." She finished, shutting her laptop.

"Where's the closest one?" Sarah asked, putting her hands on her hips.

"It would be a pretty close tie, but the closest one would be in Winnipeg, Canada. It would only take one to two weeks to get there."

"Okay then, let's go!" Adrian said, obviously wanting to do anything other that stand around.

"I don't know," Allani said, uncertainty evident in his voice. "I never signed up for this, I don't think I can-"

"We have to," I said, stepping forward. "You all heard what Flynn said, these Amulets are important to the demons, we can't let them get any of them. I know no one wanted to do this, but we have to, because no one else will."

Allani mulled it over and nodded. "Okay, I got it. I'm in."

Everyone else gave their consent for the coming mission, and I said, "Lets get going, then."

We started making our way around the clearing, picking up anything that was still usable. The food and weapons were all safe, we had hung them up the night before for safety. The sleeping bags were trampled and smelled like demon (a mixture of garlic and sewage), but a quick wash down would fix that up.

My personal items weren't so lucky. We had left them out next to our sleeping bags, and they had definitely seen better days. My knife seemed pretty well off, but my notebooks were shredded, far from usability. The candy was fine, still eat able, for the most part. I threw out the notebooks into the shrubbery and zipped my duffel up again.

I double-checked that I had all of my stuff, and looked at the others to see if they were ready. Katilyn was readjusting some of the stuff in her backpack quickly, but everyone else seemed ready to go.

"Up and out," I said.