Chapter 4

Jace's POV:

I knew that I would see Abagail again. She always comes up with a great plan, and can get herself out of any situation without trouble.

Th five of us: Katilyn, Allani, Haircut Girl (I checked, she had a nice chunck of her hair missing), Adrian and I were running down a large hallway towards the safe room.

After a few minutes of running, Allani burst out, "Why is this hallway so loooooooooooong?" He whined, arms flailing everywhere.

"Keep running or I swear, I will come over there and-" Katilyn threatened as I ran between them.

"Whoa, whoa." I said. "Let's leave our anger for the demons, kay?" She grumbled and moved away from the two of us.

About a minute after that, we heard a big boom. Not the boom boom you make in the potty, an actual explosion noise.

"What was that?" Haircut Girl said, fear in her voice.

Adrian turned around to look for the source of the noise. He started running faster than all of us. "RUNRUNRUNRUNRUNRUNRUNRUN," he yelled, terrified. I looked behind me, and nearly wet myself.

An inferno was blasting its way through the hallway. Actually, it was more of an explosion with fire in it. Either way, if I didn't haul ass, I would be dead.

Apparently everyone else had caught on too, and was running for the dickens. We kept running, but it looked like the explosion was gonna catch us.

Katilyn, who was in the back, yelled, "In that hallway, up there!"

There was a hallway, indeed, but it looked like a risky move. Like, it could be a dead end, and we might DIE, kind of risky move.

We ran straight into the hallway, and escaped the wrath of the eruption. At the last second, Katilyn hopped into the hallway, did an army roll, hopped up, and started running again.

"What are you guys doing? It is going to keep going as long as there is oxygen!"

And we kept running. It seemed like we would never stop running, or we would just get swallowed by the fire.

Eventually, just as I feared, the hallway led to a dead end. All there was was a closet with a metal door...metal door...

"EVERYONE IN THE CLOSET!" I screamed, busting open the door with the butt of my sword.

"ARE YOU INSANE?!" Adrian yelled, barely heard over the explosion.

Allani ran straight in, followed by Haircut. Katilyn and Adrian were a bit hesitant, but they ran in too. I was the last one to get in. I hopped in and slammed the door, just as it reached us.

The eruption hit us, and was it bad. The door dented a lot, and almost fell onto us. A few brooms and such caught on fire, and we had to put them out with the almost non-existant room in there.

There was a lot of squirming in the closet, and I eventually ended up face-to-face with Katilyn. Luckily, that was the time the eruption died down.

Just as I was about to open the door, Katilyn said, "We should probably stay in here for at least five minutes, so to drastically reduce the chance of death."

That comment produced a collective groan from the rest of us. Worst part was, I couldn't move, so I was stuck in Katilyn's personal bubble.

Those five minutes were waaaaaaaay longer than five minutes. Every time someone said it had been five minutes, she said, "Nope, just a little bit longer."

After 15 MINUTES, she finally gave me, and we left the closet. I opened it, and we all fell out of there like it was a clown car, except Allani. Somehow, he had gotten onto a top shelf.