Chapter Twenty-One: Battle

Valerie struggled beneath me but I held her down with ease. This bitch just kissed my mate and she was going to pay for it.

"Jealously isn't pretty you know." Valerie sneered. "Better be careful or Dylas might realize he's better off without you."  Rage filled me again and I roared so loud the ground shook. I raised a paw ready to strike but something knocked me to the ground. I whipped around to see one of the snake men helping Valerie to her feet.

"Are you stupid?" He hissed at her. "Don't fuck with a shifters mate." Valerie glared at him.

"Know your place solider." She spat angrily at him. I growled again and shifted back to human. I'd fight this bitch without shifting. It'd feel great to break her "perfect" little face.

"Iris! Catch!" I glanced up to see Purple. She held two blades, sheathed of course, in her hands. I raised my hands and purple tossed them. I dove and grabbed them out of the air, doing a summer salut and landing upright again. I clicked them into my belt and pulled them from their sheaths. I rotated the blades in my hands and stepped towards Valerie who was still standing there. Eyes full of rage. She grinned and reached behind her back pulling a long katana sword from a sheath that was hidden underneath her jacket.

"You're lucky Scarlet guessed you guys would be brushing up on your weapons training." She hissed inhumanly. I lunged for her, trying to gauge her fighting skills. She dodged out of the way and swung at me with her katana. I rolled sideways and jumped up behind her and swung my blades at her back. I felt the connection as the blades sliced clean through her coat and into her back. She cried out in pain and fell forwards. As I expected she didn't stay down for long. As soon as her hands hit the ground she flipped over and stood up.

"Gonna take a little more then that to kill a vampire." She taunted.

"Really? I had no idea." I growled, my voice dripping with sarcasm. "Listen hun I've been in the world a lot longer then you have I think I know a thing or two about the supernatural." Valerie shrieked in anger and swung her sword wildly at me. I dodged easily and knocked her to the ground. I didn't even need my blades to beat her this was way too easy.

It didn't take long for me to beat her. Soon I had her pinned to the ground and had my blades at her throat.

"Surrender." I snarled in her face. "Surrender and leave or I will slit your throat. I'm not joking, I despise you and I will feel nothing as the last breath leaves your body." I swear I saw a flicker of terror in her eyes before it hardened into anger.

"Fine, I'll surrender, but when the final battle comes, I'll be the one to rip that furry head off your shoulders I promise." She glared at me. I released her from my grip but kept myself in a battle stance. "Retreat!" Valerie shouted loudly. "Retreat!" I sheathed my blades as the enemies retreated into the distance.

"Would you really have done it? Would you really have killed her." Dylas sounded from behind me. I turned to face him. I could see the worry in his eyes. I shook my head.

"God no. I'm not a monster. I just said that to scare her off. I'm a great actor though aren't I?" I grinned at him.

"Fantastic." He smiled as relief flickered in his eyes. He walked towards me and grabbed me by the waist. Pulling me in close and kissing me softly on the lips. "Had to get the taste of Valerie out of my mouth." I felt the same rage build up in me that I had when I saw Valerie kiss Dylas. He must have noticed because he pulled away and stared directly into my eyes. "It's only you and it always will be." He whispered.

"Gross get a room!" Theo called from a few feet away.

"Get a room? That's all you could come up with? Wow why am I friends with such a cliche loser." I called back. Theo snorted in indignation but I ignored him.

"Let's go inside, we've got a lot to discuss." Purple cut in heading towards the hideout. I grabbed Dylas hand and headed after Purple.

"Come on sexy." I smiled at him making Theo gag behind me. Me and Dylas cackled loudly as we followed the witch.

~~~~~~~~~

Yeah I know I took forever I'm sorry, I've just had really bad writers block lately and have been really busy, it's senior year so between grad planning, and university applications, and work, and volunteering I just haven't had time to write. Hopefully the next update won't take months, I can't promise it'll
Be fast though, sorry.

-Polar