Late

Oh no...oh no oh no! "I'm going to be so late" thought Lilly Linton as she hurriedly plummeted down the ladder out side her window and into the shed to get changed. "He is going to kill me, or rather, bore me to death with one of his icy cool stares which brings nothing but joyful silence!" She emerged only 2 minutes later running through Wilding Park with half her shirt undone and waistcoat in hand. For some strange reason the little girl feeding the ducks was giving her, or him rather, a funny look. "How strange..." Lilly muttered to herself. "Oh well" she thought "must be off" and she bowed slightly to the girl and went on her way.

You see the night before Lilly had, how shall we put it, gone out 'drinking' with some of the friends she had made whilst in a coffee shop. Now, of course, Lilly was in disguise because women couldn't go to coffee shops as their small and delicate minds could be brutally filled with such nonsense as politics. This couldn't be allowed therefore the idea was highly frowned upon, however, Lilly being the confident feminist she is decided to go one day and prove those chauvinistic bastards just what she thought of the idea.

On one of her visits, which she did regularly now, there was a middle-aged gentlemen sitting around with some friends discussing the hot topic of 'women on bicycles'. Apparently there was an incident of some girls riding bicycles in Green Park, in public, in day time. Lilly smiled to herself, remembering it as if it were only yesterday. "Oh how fun it was" she thought to herself. "I shall have to get Patsy and the girls to do it again". However, Lilly had accidentally wandered to the table of gentlemen whilst lost in her thoughts.

"Umph". There came a loud and muffled thud sound from the man in the green waistcoat. "Now look ere' son, watch where you're going alright. I almost spilt me coffee".

"Goodness gracious me. I am so sorry sir" came a chirpy but nervous reply from Lilly. She hurriedly offered to buy the man another cup of coffee, as she had just received her wages for the month from her rather gracious *cough* not *cough* employer Mr Ambrose, but the man instead offered her a seat at the table to 'fill her, or rather his, young mind with esteemed knowledge'.

A few cups of coffee and chats about 'women and politics' later, Lilly found herself being invited for a few beers later on in the evening by her fellow beer-drinking gentlemen. Now, with Lilly being the adventurous and outgoing woman/man that she was, decided that it would be a good idea to expand her horizon and all that crap. And, it would mean Mr Ambrose couldn't do anything about it as it was her free time. " Yes" Lilly thought, "it'll be a good experience. I mean Mr Ambrose did want a male secretary and what's more manly than going out drinking with some male friends?".

Lilly smirked to herself at the thought of Mr Ambrose finding out what she'd done. How she would love that.

"Eeekkkk" Lilly screamed quietly. She only had 2 minutes and 34 seconds precisely, according to her pocket watch, until she had to be at work. "Oh no...I'll never make it in time. Maybe Mr Ambrose will be in a good mood this morning and not even notice I'm late" 

"Who are you kidding?" said the nasty little voice in the back of her head. "He'll probably 'deduct the time from your wages' and make you work triple as hard today just to spite you".

"Well stuff Mr Ambrose then, the chauvinistic bastard made of ice and granite" Lilly thought. "Who is he to tell me when and when not I can go drinking? Everyone shows up late to work some times, right? I mean, we're all human. Well, except Mr Ambrose. He doesn't even count as half a human sometimes!"