Chapter 19: speachless.

Start from the beginning

With a massive smile on my face me and Jo walked out of the rec and headed towards my car.

Because of all the excitement, I totally forgot about the note from George. When I got outside, I was instantly stopped by none other than the culprit himself.

"Phoebe, I heard the news. That's amazing!" George said approaching us, I stop but don't turn to look at him.

"I know all thanks to a friend of mine." I say turning around to face him and I see him grinning at me. "I'm about to call her now and thank her for being supportive. Bye George, I've made plans with Hannah already."

I walk off, but not before seeing the sadness in his bright blue eyes.

"He looked destroyed, what happened?" She asks.

I then understand what she meant, he had bags under his eyes and his nose was clearly broken. His scars were clearly visible and a few had stitches. For a moment I feel guilty I caused that pain from having protective friends, but then I remember what he did. However it doesn't dull the gilt, somehow it makes it increase.

"I'll tell you later, I promise." I reassure her before getting in my car and driving to Starbucks.

We order our drinks and sit down on the old, comfy sofas. With the smell of freshly made coffee and the comfort of a friend and on old sofa, I feel calm and relaxed.

"Well, I'm waiting." She stats while sipping her hot coffee.

"Well it all started when I hit George ford In the head." I start and carry on throughout our whole story.

I told her everything, from start to finish. She stayed quite and listened through it all. Bye the time I was done, we had both finished two sets of drinks each and and were eating our way through a packet of caramel waffles.

We finished our waffles and walked out of the shop, on the way out I bump into someone. I turn around to apologise only to realise it's Jess, George's girlfriend.

"Oh, I'm so sorry." She says looking up at me finally while I just stand there like a fish out of water. "Oh your George's girl friend, I'm so sorry about the other night. It was my fault, I had been pushing myself all over him like a slut, but he never so much as looked at me. Then I pushed it too far and forced my self on him, not giving him a choice. I'm so sorry, George is a great guy and I've never seen anyone so determined on getting a girl back, he thew me out the house then ran all the way to your house to try and explain. He hasn't even text me back since then. I apologise it was all my fault. I hope you forgave him, I've never seen a man so broken over a single girl before." I still stand there now looking more like a whale out of water than a fish. "Anyway, I've got to go. It's nice to get that off my chest though. Bye" with that she walked off.

I stood there shocked, did George really do all that? Along with what Mike told me, it all adds up.

I was pulled out the shop and dragged to the car by Jo.

"You never told any of this to me because?" She asked when we got in the car.

"Well, all of it was happening so quickly and I guess I never had time." She raises an eye brow at my poor excuse. "Sorry." I add, making her sigh and relax.

"That ok, so do you think this girl is telling the truth?" She asked.

"Yes, with what Mike told me as well, it all makes sense. But I don't trust her." I say

"Well, we can ask George tomorrow face to face, but it's getting late and it looks like it about to rain." I look out side to see a huge grey cloud covering the city.

"True, let's go home and watch warm bodies while eating Ben and jerrys!" I suggest while starting the car.

"Yay!" She replies eagerly. While I speed off home, hopefully beating the rain.

---------

After the movie, I make us both a cup of tea and we relax on the sofa.

"So do you really think this girl Hannah, got you the fly half position in England?" Hannah asks as we drink our teas.

"Only one way to find out." I say as I grab my phone off the coffee table.

I scroll through the contacts until I come across her name. I hit call and she picked a up on the third ring.

"Hello?" She asks on the other side.

"Hey, it me phoebe." I say in reply. I here a smash on the other side then some curse word immediately following.

"Sorry, I dropped my phone." She says with a laugh.

I laugh at her clumsy behaviour, remembering what she was like when I first met her.

"So I heard you got the place on England! Congrats!" She screams down the phone.

"Yeah, but I've got you to thank for that." I say still smiling.

It goes silent for a while then she finally speaks.

"What do you mean?"

"You spoke to your dad, right?" I asked getting confused now.

"No, but he did tell me that George ford was here the other day yelling at the whole senior team about how dedicated and amazing you where. Apparently he left them with no choice but to say yes."

I'm speechless, it was George.