CHAPTER THIRTY ONE

Start from the beginning

"You're guest room." Ashton said as he opened the refridgerator. 

"Ya'll are dicks." Natalie laughed.

"Why were you...really?" Calum asked. I nodded. 

"You're mom let us stay." Ashton said.

"I think your mom likes Ashton almost as much as you, Cal." Natalie joked.

I walked over to the kitchen table and sat down in one of the chairs. I flipped through all the mesaages Jessie had sent me last night.

"BROOKE"

"LUKE IS AMAZING"

"WE'RE GOING OUT AGAIN NEXT WEEKEND"

"im so happy"

"where the fuck did you go"

"kay fine goodnight ily"

Suddenly, my phone started ringing, and coinsidently it was Jessie. I looked up to see Calum and Natalie still baking pancakes and Ashton walking back over to the kitche table with a glass of orange juice.

"Hey," I said. "Do you mind if I take a phone call?"

"Nope you're good!" Calum replied.

"Who is it?" Ashton asked out of curiosity.

"Jessie." I mouthed as I picked up the phone. Ashton nodded slowly.

"Hello?"

"Finally you're alive!"

"Haha yeah, sorry I didn't text you back last night," I replied. "I uhh...fell asleep."

"Its no worries! So, guess who had the best date ever?"

"You?" I laughed.

"Yes! Oh my god Brooke, Luke is actually the perfect person for me. Like, we like the same things, and we just talked and laughed and kissed and oh my."

"Sounds like you had a good time." I remarked.

"Ohh yes!' She said happily. "What did you do last night?"

My stomach dropped when I remembered the shoplifting and ghetto-exploring.

"Oh, nothing really." I lied. "Listen, I gotta go. But, I'm so happy your date went good! Text me, okay?"

"Alright! See you tomorrow!" She said and we hung up.

"Who was that?" Calum asked as he and Natalie brought over a plate of pancakes. Ashton's eyes widened at the sight of them and I laughed because he looked adorable.

"Just my friend Jessie." I replied. I saw Calum's eyes shoot over to Ashton for a second, but Ashton was too busy stuffing his face with pancakes.

"Well don't eat them all." Calum said as he pulled the plate away from Ashton. 

"Don't you fuckin dare." Ashton said, eyeing Calum. 

"Put it in the middle god dammit." Natalie laughed.

I spent the next 30 minutes or so eating (very delicious) banana pancakes at Calum's dining room table. All four of us just talked and laughed, and I never texted Jessie back. Oh well, I will when I get home. My mother had texted me, and I had told her I was still at Jessie's. I know its wrong, but if I told her I was at this guy name Calum's house sleeping in a bed with Ashton after a night of stealing vodka from a liquor store, I don't think she would be too happy.

I thought about last night and how I had slept in the same bed as Ashton. I know...its not that big of a deal, because nothing like, major happened, thats for sure. I wish I would've fucking knew, but I didn't. Last weeked was different, probably because we were both drunk and we had just crashed ontop of Michael's guest room bed. This time we were sober, and just wallowing in eachothers' sleepiness...which I think is much better. I remembered waking up this morning, and what a comfortable, warm, and tranquil state I was in. And how perfect Ashton looked with his messy hair and half closed eyes. 

I looked over to Ashton from across the kitchen table, who was cracking up at something Calum said that I wasn't paying attention to. His eyes were squinted and his dimples were showing off more than ever before. He looked over to me and raised his eye brows, noticing I was staring at him. I raised my eyebrows back at him and we both smiled.

Its so weird how fast you can start to like someone a lot, as I realize now. I laughed to myself, because I remember believing all the things Jessie had told me about Ashton when I first moved here. Its not her fault, she knows nothing about him. I don't even think they've ever talked to eachother before.

Which got me thinking...why does she hate him so much, when she doesn't even know him? It was kind of lame, to be honest. I just don't want to say anything because she'll get all pissed like she normally does when I even mention him.

I sighed, because I don't like lying to her about Ashton and I, but I had to. I mean, I know I could just tell her, but I seriously didn't know how she would react to that. Oh well. Its not my fault she judges people like that. Maybe I'll talk to her about it sometime in the future. 

But, for now, I was falling fast, and very fucking hard for the messy haired boy that sat across from me, still stuffig his face with banana pancakes.