Chapter Five

I was shaken back to life by Akira. His eyes were wide, worried.

Why? I asked to myself before feeling something slip down my chin.

I looked down shocked to see the sleeves of my jacket soaking wet from my tears. I wiped my face dry, blushing in embarassment.

A picture of my mother smiling flashed before my eyes and I ducked my head in the corner of my jacket, starting to silently cry again. I felt a hand stroke my hair but I didn't care.

"It's okay." I heard Akira coo. For some reason I felt calmer, slumping further into my desk.

I sighed softly and fell asleep to him whispering to me "It'll be okay."

For once, I didn't have a nightmare of that terrifying night.

I woke up to the ringing bell and groaned. Akira still sat beside me, stroking my hair gently. I peeked at him and he smiled sympathically.

Blushing again, I stood from my seat and walked out of the room with a muffled bye directed towards him.

With my hands searching my pockets for a cigarette, I barely noticed a girl, almost knocking knocked her over.

Oh, it's Karen.

We dated freshmen year.

I mentally cursed at myself as she gave a slutty smirk. Everyone fell for it but me.

"Hey Gunjiiii baby.." She purred. I couldn't decide whether she was winking or her eye was twitching.

"Hi." I muttered, walking away to the exit. She pouted and hooked her arm through mine.

"You're soo grumpy today! I know how to cheer you up.. " She whispered in my ear as she started to grope between my legs. I jerked away, keeping her a good distance from me.

"I don't need your help." I say menacing like. She paled then glared before slapping me across the cheek that had been wounded.

"Well you asshole! I was trying to be nice!" She nearly screamed, clenching her tiny hands into fist.

"I don't need help from a two-timing whore." I call to her as I walk outside and down the street, leaving her shocked.

Cracking my neck, I pop two pain killers in my mouth and swallow them dry. Knowing what waited at home I took a different, longer way.

I knew it was the bad side of town but, again, it was longer so it was better. Much better. I scrunch up my nose at a man sitting on a corner. He was dirty and smelly.

I shook my head and bent down to him. The man raised his head slowly. Old man. I fish in my pocket and pull out a twenty. Handing it to him makes him smile a toothy smile. I smile back, remembering in my head how it was nice to be nice. Though I really wasn't anymore.

My mom must be disapointed. Hanging my head, I keep walking and mistakeningly take a step to my right and bump into someone.

What's with me running into people today?

"Bitch, that's my girl you walked into." Some guy said, looking at me as his "girl" smiled up at me. I look away, not really in the mood.

"Well so sorry for the inconvience." I snap walking away. I heard shuffling then a bottle crashes down on my head.

I grunt and stumble, soon finding my footing. They laugh and start kicking me, hard. I only had one option. I reached back into my bag and slipped on the specially made lion-like claws.

They stopped, stunned for a moment at my weapons as I got up slowly. One backed away but I wasn't me anymore.

Without remorse, I swung at the one that called me a bitch and slashed through his shirt as well as his side. He grabbed himself to stop the bleeding and reeled back before I slashed at his face.

He held onto his wounded cheek and didn't fight anymore. I panting, looking down at him, smiling evily.

He looked at me in horror with a trembling jaw

"I-I'm sorry man.. I shouldn't have messed with you. It won't happen again." He pleaded, repeatedly. I laughed harshly before sliding my hand out of one and punching him in his jaw, knocking him out cold. His little friends and girlfriend ran away, leaving him behind on the ground.

Blood. So much blood.

I turned and sprinted the way I was headed and didn't stop until I was on my porch, gasping for breath.

It was roughly a thirty minute walk but I made it home in ten.

Crawling into the house, I made it to my room peacefully and curled up on my bed. My whole body shook until only my fingertips quivered.

----Next day: ISS ----

I grind my foot into the cigarette bud, putting it out when a hand touches my shoulder. My head whips around and I take notice of him immediately.

"Akira?" I say. He gives nods and smiles. My heart thuds in my chest painfully but I ignore it and grimace back.

"Are you okay?" He asked, watching my face. I shrug, running a hand through my hair to cover my face. He cocks his head to the side then pats my cheek.

"One day.. You will tell me how you got these marks." He states as he walks away to our prison.

I smirk half heartedly, amused at his straightforward attitude.