New Life

Hey Wattpad readers! This is a book they I decided to just work on because I was bored and had some ideas put together. Enjoy and please share your feedback on how I can improve my writing!!

Chapter 1: Choosing

I was fetching water from a nearby pond on our farm. I was seven then with no education because I had to help tend to necessities around the farm that me and my sister depended on to get us bread and corn every day. To a rich person, a loaf of bread and corn might be worthless and disgusting, but to a person of my rank, it is a luxurious meal. I trudged through the thick mud that seemed to cling hold to my ragedy boots with every step. I was short and always wore two different types of dresses because my sister couldn't afford to buy even pieces of fabric from markets. I didn't complain at all; I simply learned to adapt to it. Of my two dresses, I wore a black one that was torn at parts and stitched with white a few to make it a little decent. My hair was long, maddened, and curly golden brown filled with grime and dust and so was my face. When I was small, and even if I was to look at myself from the past now, I couldn't decipher what color my face was truly and if I could guess, I would say gray with black spots. Disgusting really. My huge eyes were a florescent green that shined or dulled according to my moods. As I headed back, my sister's voice stopped me in my tracks along with another voice that was manly. But what about your parents? Well there she is, Samantha Florence, my big sissy.I was told that my mother died from giving birth to me and my father disappeared as soon as he heard of my existence.

I shook my head at the poor man trying to persuade my strong-willed sister with treasures that only I could dream about. He came every two weeks with the same speech.

"Sir, as much as I hate breaking your heart, I'm not moved neither am I interested.  So take your things and leave. NOW!" she ordered. I could manage to see her short black hair disheveled by the ongoing wind and her blue eyes sparkling with rage. She had on a dress similar to mine but alot more decent and her face wasn't as dirty as mine. 

"Just give me a chance. I can give you any-," she cut him off and gave him a threatening glare that seemed to have him shaking.

"You can stay here and beg or you can take your distasteful ass away from my home. Leave your things here as you always do hoping that I will crawl to you but you won't get the satisfaction. Now leave and if you EVER step foot on my damn property again," she pointed her finger towards the gate and raised her voice,"then I shall PERSONALLY TAKE MY DUSTY BOOT AND SHOVE IT UP YOUR BAHONEY. NOW IF YOU ARE DONE HERE!! GET OUT OF MY FACE!!" She huffed and puffed in fustration as the man stepped back frightened and looked to have made a little stain in his pants.  

My eyes widened at the sight and I tried holding my laughter in as he fell backwards trying to run but seemed to be break dancing. I burst out laughing when he toppled over the gate face first into the muddy road. I shook my head in pity for him. When I looked towards my sister, my eyes shot towards the basket of food and tea leaves making my mouth water. I have to say, my sister did an absolute job with him. This happens occasionally and I rejoice every time. I darted towards the miracle and was about to grab it when my sister grabbed my arm and put me aside. 

She smiled and was about to pick up the basket when her head shot up in another direction. I looked at her in confusion and then followed her gaze. She held my arm tighter. People were fleeing away from their homes. Mothers trying to search for their children, men fighting, and people getting stampeeded over. I covered my mouth as I saw blood from out of no where gush out into the sky. My sister mumbled something before kneeling down and tugging me on her back. I was really small and felt like a pillow when picked up. We ran out towards the pond away from the crowd and followed it giving us a headstart before everyone.