Chapter 14: Stalkers of Night

Y/N's P.O.V.:
     "One second."  I put the scroll on hold and caught up to Neo and Roman.
     "Hey I'll catch you guys back at the warehouse.  I got some other matters to take care of."  They nodded and continued down the road, while I took in the opposite direction.  As soon as I became in view of people, I put my mask on and put my number off hold.
     "Are you sure it's her?"  The transfer was garbled and jarred, but it made it through. 
     "She hides her features well, but yes, I am sure."  Surotas sounded pretty confident in himself these days, but then again, Taurus had been searching for her for how long?  Either he's lazy, my men are not given enough credit, or she just isn't careful around anybody but the White Fang.
     "Alright then what is she doing?  Where is she currently?  Give me the details."  Surotas sighed, and I waited for him to continue.
     She just purchased some books from the local library, and now is accessing  something from the computer."  I was still waiting for him to confide the details.
     "From the looks of it, it appears to be information regarding the White Fang and The Ashen Legionnaires.  Names, recent heists, and appearances.  Statistics, and-". I didn't need to hear anymore; I already knew what she was going to do. 
"Surotas, although it is advised to do so without detection, you are to stop her from uploading that information!" 
     "Yes, sir."

Blake's P.O.V.:
     I sat at a computer, about to upload information about the White Fang and the Legionnaires to the Vale network, and then they can be crippled.  The White Fang has to be stopped; they are a bulldozer that will destroy all in their path.  If I can do-
     The computer instantly shot off, which gave me quite a scare.  I thought I might have yanked the cord or something, so I checked the computer and desktop, and I saw a hole in the computer.  It was clean, and shot recently.  Somebody knew what I was doing, and went to stop it.  A second later, I heard somebody exit the library, and I went to investigate.  The man wore stained clothes; almost like a beggar, but toted a pistol on his hip. I quickened my pace, but he did so tenfold.  He sped to a sprint, and went to the alleyways, and I followed.  I pulled out Gambrol Shroud, and trapped the man in a dead end.  He stopped there, and I waited for him to move.
     "He won't win, you know.  Adam has too far."  All he did was laugh, and he turned around, showing the mask of the twelve Ashen Legionnaires.
     "Oh shi-"
     "If only Taurus knew it would be this easy to catch a cat."  I warped behind him to try to slash at him, but faster than I can comprehend, he kicked me and I collapsed to the ground.
      "Whoa whoa whoa, kitten.  What's with all the hostility?  I never even accused you of anything." 
     "What do you want Draktherin?"
     "Well a couple things, but in terms of priority, your scroll.  NOW."  I reluctantly gave him my scroll, in which he gave it to another Legionnaire.
     "Make sure to remove ALL information regarding the Ashen Legionnaires and the Black-Talons.  Leave everything else intact."  He sat down besides my bleeding figure, nose fractured slightly.  After the Legionnaire fiddled with the scroll, he gave the scroll back to Draktherin who tossed the scroll back to my feet.
"Now that that matter has been taken care of,". He crouched in front of me; keeping eye level.
"What happened between you two?" He grew a curious expression, and waited for an answer.
"Why should I bother telling you? You are no better than him." He glared at me and snarled.
"I am nothing like him. Don't you dare compare us."
"You'd vouch for the same things he's doing!"
"I wouldn't murder innocents! I never supported what he's doing now; nothing more than banditry!"
"What about the train?"
"No living Schnee is innocent! They are just all slavers and liars!" He let out an expression of anger that shocked me, as he aimed his blade to my neck. I confessed everything I felt about Adam and the White Fang to him, but what I didn't realize was that, in actuality, I mimicked the general speech Draktherin made to Taurus when he left. I'm somewhat glad that he left Adam as he was before, or Adam might take his leaving as a sign of war. At the end of my speech, all Draktherin did was nod his masked face. He looked up, and as I did, I saw his men peering at us from above.
      "Leave.  Don't threaten the safety of my brothers again, or I may not be as merciful."  I got up and began to walk out of the alleyway, while he just stared and watched me with his blind gaze.  I quickened my pace. It wasn't until I was out of their sight that I felt it was safe to breathe again. I felt like running; going away from Vale. But I knew that the White Fang would follow and be everywhere, and where the White Fang is, the Ashen Legionnaires would be watching, like carrion after a fresh kill. I can't run from this, not this time.

Y/N's P.O.V.:
I think the message I gave to her was... Appropriate. And I managed to keep the Ashen Legionnaires in obscurity, so two birds with one stone, which is always good. I gotta head back to the warehouse and catch up with everybody. I got a month full of profit and heists to plan.
- - - -
Neo, Roman, and I had just finished our final little stunt of the month: a sneak into the nearest bullhead nest and manning a few for their future projects. I worked in overdrive to learn as much as I can in the month. I learned from snooping on Cinder on how to infuse dust with my huntsman clothing, which dust I had created with basic dust diluted with essence of my own aura, giving it a tinge of my abilities, as well as a boost to my own aura and abilities. I got a new wig; the old one grew moldy for some odd reason. I also snagged a Shnee dust bullet prototype, which in simple terms, is a bullet that is designed to fire a single small ray of light which burns a hole in whatever it shoots. And yesterday, I went through a rite only available to warchief's within the Black-Talon clan. It was a procedure designed to form tattoos of dust within one's skin, this enhancing our abilities even further. My tattoos were tainted black due to my aura and semblance, and the tattoos formed all over my torso, arms, and legs. It hurt like freaking hell, but it was tradition among us. Now, the three of us were walking back to our warehouse, knowing of my departure.
"And that's how I made off with this case without a hitch." Roman showed off his prize. A metal box holding marquise dust crystals.
"If there are three things you know how to do, it's how to lie, steal, and cheat. I swear one of these days it's not going to go well for you, and when I'm gone and Neo's eating ice cream or fighting her own battles, who else is going to save your ass?" Roman laughed and put us all in an extremely awkward group hug. We made it back to the warehouse, where Emerald, Mercury, and Cinder were waiting beside my bullhead.
"It appears that my ride is here." We walked up to greet the three observing the Ashen Legionnaire vehicle.
"I guess your mission was a success?" Cinder said expectantly. Roman tipped his head in a bow.
"Of course it did." Cinder turned to me and our sight locked on each other. After a minute it broke and I went back to Roman and Neo.
"Well then you two; I must really admit: you really are amusing to be around. It will certainly be a shame to look at you from the other side." I hugged Roman and Neo, and I let go, but Neo hugged me a little longer, and I felt her let loose a tear. I turned to the two Emerald and Mercury.
"Good tidings to you both." I shook hands with Mercury, as well as Emerald, although not before foiling yet another attempt to nab something from me. I stared a Cinder again and open the bullhead door.
"Screth; are we ready to go?" He  gave me a thumbs up, and we ascended.
"Cinder Falls. We both have big plans for this world, but one cannot flourish while the other plagues the land. I should kill you now, but it would not be fitting. LET THE HUNT BEGIN!" With that I turned on the cloaking device, and flew off to Beacon.
It took a minute for my pilot to land at Beacon; she was kinda new at driving. My mist once again took over Beacon, and Ozpin was outside walking about the campus. I made my way towards him, while once again admiring the beauty of this establishment with my albeit limited vision.
"Ah, Draktherin. You come at last. It is almost time for students to be accepted. There are still a few weeks left, so I recommend taking up a side job to occupy your time." With that I nodded and went back to the Beacon courtyard without another word. I think I know a place that could use a bodyguard. I made my way over to Junior's club.
It was a lot less crowded ever since Neo and I crashed the place. I think they are still repairing, guessing by the one broken pillar besides the front door. I went inside without meeting any resistance, and saw Junior talking with construction workers, while the girls who attacked me were sitting chatting. I went over to Junior and saw him wrap some things up.
"I don't CARE what you say it will take, just fix it as soon as possible! Ugh- Oh. What do you want?"
"Looks pretty barren today..."
"Yea, I would personally like to thank you and your friend for potentially ruining your business! I'm low on money as it is."
"What do you need?"
"5,000 lien." I laughed at this.
"That's nothing to me, let me handle this." With that I went to the construction workers, I pulled out my wallet, and pulled out 5,000 lien, or I think it's 5000 lien guessing by their expressions.
"Alright boys, let's get this thing ready for business ASAP!" Everything started working like clockwork, and smirked at Junior.
     "Alright kid what do you want?"
     "Who said I wanted anything?"
     "You're one of Roman's boys.  I know you want something."  I fake-gasped in surprise, and looked back at the rubble.
     "I'm waiting for a message from somebody. Until then, I am to work here as one of this establishment's bodyguards."