Chapter Two: The Letters From No One (Third Person)

Percy said he'd be okay, but Harry wasn't so sure.

He knew how bad it was when he himself was got in trouble, and he knew that most of the time Percy took the blame in order to stop Harry from getting in trouble.

Harry knew that Percy had closed the mind link so that he wouldn't know exactly what was happening, and so that no pain would travel through the link to Harry, as it tended to do if it was left open.

Harry started to read a book to take his mind off things, since there was no way for him to help at the moment. He didn't even notice Percy had opened the mind link until he started talking to him.

Harry.

It was Percy.

Yeah, Percy?

Can you clear the way to the shower?

Sure thing.

Harry kicked some of Dudleys old, broken toys out of the way and jumped onto the bed. Percy jogged in a second later.

Harry gasped. Percy looked terrible.

He had cuts all over his body, his shirt was torn to shreds, you could barely see him because of all the blood. He had two really bad black eyes and a long, deep scratch along his cheek that Harry could tell would become a scar if not for the shower he was about to take. It also looked like Percy's leg was broken again, along with his nose, foot, and maybe a few ribs. He went into the bathroom.

He came out a few minutes later. All his wounds had closed and the one on his cheek had faded to a scar (some of his other cuts and stuff turned into scars too, but this one was the biggest one.  They always faded in a couple weeks, but until then it would serve as a reminder. The healing of their injuries was the only kind of freakishness the Dursleys were usually content with ignoring, as it protected them as well).

Goodnight, Percy thought to Harry before he left the room.  Harry realized suddenly that Percy was being put in the cupboard—the one they had lived in until they were eight and had grown too big to both be kept in such a small place, and was subsequently used solely as a punishment.

There was nothing for Harry to do, and he knew that no harm — aside from starvation, but Harry could probably steal him some food — would befall him in the cupboard, so decided to sleep too.

* * *

Percy was kept in the cupboard for a little over a week.

Harry did manage to steal him some food during that time.  One of the perks of being the one cooking the food was that it was much easier to swipe the food than it would be otherwise, and Harry had absolutely no qualms about stealing food from those animals.

When Percy was let out, the twins spent as much time as possible with each other.

Dudley had been accepted into Uncle Vernon's old private school, Smeltings. The twins, on the other hand, was going to Stonewall, the local public school.

Dudley thought it was very funny.

"I've heard they stuff people's heads down the toilet on the first day at Stonewall. Want to go upstairs and practice?"

(A\N The Lightning Thief!)

"No thanks," the twins chorused.

"The poor toilet hasn't had anything as bad as your head down it—"

"It might be sick."