You Like Something?

Harry walked to herbology with the rest of the sixth year Gryffindors. It was hot and humid on the way to the greenhouse, Harry could only imagine how much worse it would be inside. Hermione and Ron were walking next to him, telling him about their summers while walking just a bit closer together than was normal for just platonic friends. Harry may be oblivious, but his best friends barely refraining themselves from snogging each others' faces off was not something he could easily ignore.

They walked into the greenhouse, followed in quick succession by the sixth year Slytherins. They were quiet, compared to the slightly rambunctious Gryffindors, but did make noise of their own. One Harry always seemed to notice, was Draco Malfoy's constant complaints under his breath.

"Damn it Blaise, shut up."

"We get it, Professor, no need to repeat yourself ten times."

"Damned Golden Trio."

"Gryffindors," though that one was usually followed by a roll of eyes.

Today though, Harry was in no mood to listen to his constant complaints, and standing quite close to him in class was definitely not helping at all. The humidity making it hard to breathe, the loss of Sirius, which was still weighing hard on his heart, and the fact that he is slightly offended that Ron and Hermione hadn't told him they had gotten together, were not exactly the makings of a good day.

Harry had managed to ignore Malfoy's comments about their classmate's stupidity up until the point that Seamus had dropped a pot he had been carrying. "Well done, Finnigan, damn Gryffindors can't do a thing." Harry snapped.

"Damn, Malfoy, is there anything you do like?" He had said this slightly louder than he meant to, gaining the attention of a vast majority if his classmates. Malfoy, having looked around the room after Harry's comment, smirked largely. He looked Harry straight in the eye.

"Yes, as a matter of fact."

Harry had to physically restrain himself from hitting the palm of his hand to his forehead. It was a rhetorical question. "And what would that be, Malfoy?" He kept the blond's eyes locked with his own, daring him not to answer. Malfoy's smirk only widened.

"Well, Potter, if you must know," he paused, looking around to make sure ge still has everyone's attention, "you."

Harry's eyebrows furrow together in confusion. What did he mean by that? "What?"

Malfoy takes a small step closer, "I said you, Potter, I like you." Leave it to Malfoy to be so blunt, he thinks.

Harry ignores those pesky butterflies in his stomach, opting to stutter through a poorly formed question. "You...d-did you...y-you like...huh?" Malfoy smiles lightly, making Harry's heart pulse almost painfully. He'd have to see Madam Pomfrey later.

The blond takes another step forward, leaving only a few inches of space between them, enough for Harry to push him away. He doesn't. "Yes Potter, I like you. Is that a problem?" He askes the question confidently, but in his eyes, Harry can see a hint of nervousness. Was he as terrified of Harry's answer as Harry was?

"N-no...are you serious?" Shouldn't he be upset? Yell at him for liking him? Punch him? He was straight, wasn't he? Why wasn't he repulsed by the idea of being with Malfoy?

"Yes," he said, taking another step forward so they're almost chest to chest, placing a hand on Harry's hip, leaning his lips to the shorter boy's ear. "Astronomy tower, 10:30," he whispers, lips brushing the other boy's ear, before stepping away, the hand on Harry's hip being the last thing to come out of contact. He was startled to find he missed it. All he could do was nod at Malfoy, not trusting his voice to work at all.