Chapter Six *Edited

Start from the beginning

“Okay, I don’t buy that even If I do agree.”  He smirked.

I glanced at him for a second. “I was thinking about how the most expressive part of you is your eyes. I mean you can see everything in them.”

“Really, now?” he was clearly amused. “Now that I do buy.”

“Good because that was honestly what I was thinking.”

He chuckled again and I squeezed my legs together for some reason. Everything about Seth just screamed sex. Yet, I was completely inexperienced I was not ignorant to the sexual appeal of Seth. Honestly, everything about him said he was a prime piece of man. All those Romance novels did not go to waste!

And he is all ours. My brain whispered in awe.

Damn right he is.

“By the way…” I started gauging his reaction. “How did you heal so fast from the bear? I mean you were about to pass out one minute and then like ten minutes later it’s like it didn’t happen.”

Seth just shrugged and grinned. “That’s the best part about being a Lycanthrope. I can heal super fast. It’s the wolf’s way of protecting itself. It needs my human body to be healthy for it to be able to flourish. It’s survival.”

“And this wolf is what? Like another personality?” I ventured.

Seth swayed is head considering my theory. “Sort of. It’s kind of like a more feral part of my brain in a way. It tells me what I should or shouldn’t do but it’s way more present in my mind. Like I can visually see my wolf self in my mind and can have a conversation with him. He’s a very aggressive kind of guy.”

I whistled lowly. When Seth gave me an odd look I explained.

“This is the most I have ever heard you talk.” I grinned.

He smiled back. “Guess you make me chatty.”

When we finally entered town I started to feel a little disappointed. I like having this time with Seth. He was talkative and charming. Before he was broody and intense. This Seth I could roll with in conversation without feeling like an emotionally stunted child. Not that I wasn’t I just don’t like feeling that way.

I parked Penny by Annie’s flower shop again. I figured I could pick that weeks flower delivery while I was down. Usually Annie brought them up herself every Monday. But it was Friday and I figured why not just get them now.  Anyway, Seth immediately tensed as soon as I was parked and I turned to look at him with what could be read as concern etching my face.

“Seth, we can go back.” I offered suddenly feeling very guilty.

He shook his beautiful head. “You wanted this and as your mate I must do as you need. I want you to be happy, Sylvie, and if friends, though a male one, makes you happy then I can suck it up for you.”