“Sorry Jake I wasn’t paying attention”

Taking a step to walk by him his hand shot out and grabbed my arm as his face was lowering by my ear.

“You look beautiful, as always”

Looking up at him I couldn’t tell what he was up to… the last time we talked he called me a bitch. Looking up into his eyes I couldn’t tell what was going on through his head.

“What are you playing at Jake?”

“Come for a walk with me… let’s talk privately”

I was not moving from my spot. What the hell was his game?

“Jake… I’m not going anywhere with you… what do you want? I’m sure you’ve said everything you needed to say to me”

Guilt flashed in his eyes, huh so did care still? I didn’t know if I was happy about that or sad.

“Please Eryn, I just want to talk.”

I guess I owed him that much. Looking behind me to make sure Blake wasn’t up yet, I grabbed Jakes hand and started leading him to the patio doors.

“Ery-

Whipping around I glared and brought my finger to my lips

“SSHHH”

He frowned and I rolled my eyes, he could be so dense. I pointed my finger back to my room, I didn’t want anyone to bother us… and I definitely didn’t want to see Will right now. Leading Jake to the stream I sat down and stretched my legs. We were far enough away from the house that I didn’t have to worry about anyone eavesdropping… but close enough just in case Jake tried to pull something.

Looking over at Jake I waited for him to start. He looked like he was having an inner battle with his wolf; finally he sat down next to me.

“Why?”

Confused I looked up at him

“Why what Jake?”

“Why did you cut off all contact? Why didn’t you come back? WHY doesn’t this bother you more? WHY is it so god damn hard to stay mad at you? Do you know how hard it’s been? How awful it has been since you left? I don’t know Eryn fucking pick one!”

His little outburst made me giggle. I don’t know why I know it was not the right time to laugh but I couldn’t help it I looked at him and laughed. His confused face made me laugh harder.  In between giggles I managed to spurt out

“You’re …. Not…mad... At … me … anymore?”

“That’s seriously all you caught?”

Wiping my eyes I nodded my head. Looking back at him I cracked a smile, and he returned it. We will be just fine.

“Sorry Jake, there’s a lot that happened but… why don’t we just leave it where it belongs… in the past. I’m glad you’re here, I’m sorry I hurt you but let’s just move on… please. I know you want answers, and I will give them to you eventually. Can we just start over?”

Sighing he nodded, I know he wants to know what the hell happened and why I didn’t come back, but for now I was happy to let bygones be bygones.

We sat by the stream visiting and laughing. I really did miss him; it’s so easy to run from your feelings when nobody is around forcing you to face your issues head on.  When the sun was high in the sky I knew it must have been 1 or 2 in the afternoon. I missed training Daniel he was going to be so choked.

“Sorry Jake but I think it’s time to head in… I was supposed to help train this afternoon; I need to see if Daniel is still in the gym” 

Nodding I grabbed his hand to help him up, as we turned around his arm snaked around my shoulders. It felt so familiar, I missed this. I missed having my best buddy around. Looking up at him I smiled; grabbing his hand hanging off my shoulder I gave it a squeeze.

“I was trying to find you, seems you have been rather busy”

Blake’s deep voice caught me off guard, what was he so pissy about?

“Yeah Blake, I’d like you to meet Jake… my best friend from back home… we were down by the stream catching up. Jake this is Blake my… boyfriend?”

Blake and I never put a title on us, we never needed to but saying the word boyfriend out loud didn’t sound right. Sure I loved him, but we were so much more than just boyfriend & girlfriend. He was my lover, my best friend, my own little bottle of vodka I could get drunk off of anytime I wanted.  

Jake moved ahead of me lifting his arm he went to shake Blake’s hand. They stood glaring at each other; Sizing one another up. I watched as Jake and Blake both squeezed each other’s hands; much harder then they needed to for a friendly handshake. Rolling my eyes I quietly headed back inside. They were so busy glaring at each other they didn’t even notice me leave.

“Men… So typical”

Leaving the two toddlers outside I made my way to the gym. 

 *****A/N*****

Its a little short because i wanted to hear from you guys. I usually hate when stories jump from one P.O.V to another but i was wondering if you readers would like to have a Blake, Will,Jake or Daniel P.O.V or if i should just continue with Eryn's. Let me know and ill upload another chapter this afternoon of whatever you readers would like. I have already wrote this story ( years ago) so i have just been tweeking the chapters as i go. It was my very first story and although i know the writing can be pretty bad at times, it shows how far ive come so i didnt want to change to much of it. AnywaysI could easily add a diff P.O.V chapter :) let me know what ya'll would like :)

YES i copy and pasted this from the top LOL!