3

Merlin started mixing some herbs together in a bowl and grinding them up as Gaius started undressing Chase to examine him.
"What did you say happened to him?" Gaius asked Merlin.
"He was found while Arthur and the knights were out hunting," Merlin said. "Apparently he almost killed three of them so they just sort of had at him and left him like that, and bound him tightly in chains and under full lock and guard." He shook his head. "I don't think he's even a sorcerer."
"Let's get him healed and we'll be the judge of that," Gaius replied. "Keep working on those herbs so we can get them on his wounds, which there are many."
"I'm working," Merlin said. "Oh, his name's Chase, by the way."
"That's good to know," Gaius said. "Not completely relevant at this time, but all right."
"Sorry," Merlin said. "Just spitting out information."
"It's all right," Gaius said. "I'm worried for him too." Merlin nodded and finished preparing the herbs, walking them over to Gaius and both of them started to dab bits of the paste Merlin had made on his wounds. Chase groaned in pain as they did so, unconscious but still feeling the sting.
"I'm sorry," Merlin said, knowing full well that Chase couldn't hear him. "Just hang on." They finished up putting the paste on and then started bandaging him, covering most of his torso and head in white cloth, and parts of his arms and legs as well.
"Well, I think that's the most of it," Gaius said. "We'll have to change the bandages frequently, but that won't be much of a problem considering he can't do much."
"Yeah," Merlin sighed, rubbing his face tiredly. "I hope he'll be all right."
"As do I," Gaius replied, rubbing Merlin's shoulder to try and comfort him. "Let's just hope Arthur understands if he comes to visit."