Klar *Short-story* Boyxboy

I always come here just to see him. To see if it will be the day when I finally get the courage to talk to him, something else than give him my order and sit for hours on end starring at him.

No I'm not a stalker; it was just something that happened. He makes me act out of the norm and behave as if I wasn't the one in control of my own body. I craved for every one of his stolen gazes or mischievous smile...I was addicted to him.

I don't know how...I mean I'm supposed to be straight as a pole but I guess if you look close enough, there is a slight bent in every straight line.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It all started when I moved into my new of campus apartment. It was nothing special or anything; one bedroom, a bath, and a small kitchen/living area. After hours of unpacking, I'd set out to explore the small town I will be possibly living in for the next four years, if everything goes according to plan.

Strolling down the sidewalk, with my earphones firmly in my ears, I passed by boutiques selling everything from shoes to lingerie, shops, and the ever present "Ma & Pa" stores.

I was mesmerized by the sites that such a small town could offer, from the fashionable window displays to the kids' playground at the center of town.

At the edge of town bordering the woods and far away from the other businesses around, I could see a dainty-little pink shop with a cliché giant ice cream cone on the front.

Just looking at the shop made me anxious but on their own account, my feet directed me towards the cute little shop.

As I stepped inside, I ran my hand through my short brown hair and inhale the sweet smell of sugar. The shop was not as small as it seemed on the outside; it had a home-like atmosphere with a relaxing area as you walked in, which included comfortable looking couches with throw pillows and a mahogany coffee table in the middle.

All around the shop were tables with baby-blue mantels that could sit up to four people. The walls were brightly decorated with beautiful paintings of landscapes and ocean fronts, creating a cheerful ambience. Towards the back of the shop was the counter, decorated similar as the tables with stools of every color. Multiple emotions stirred inside me as I looked around the coffee shop, I couldn't describe them and I don't wish to look more deeply into them for fear of finding something I will not like.

I was a kid at heart with an extremely large sweet tooth and an unhealthy love for sugar. I was looking at the display case when someone clear their throat-rather loudly¬ in front of me. I reluctantly raised my wide hazel eyes from the different types of sweet tarts towards the stranger and nearly fainted at the sight that greeted me.

He was probably around six-three with a slim-muscle built, dark curls, high cheekbones, and kissable pouty lips. His smoldering gray eyes looking down at my six-one body kept me in place as I struggled to breath. My eyes ran over his lean body as it was mostly covered by a blue apron that said "Sugar, Spice, and Everything Nice"-but that just added to his alluring aurora.

Klar couldn't take his eyes of the heavenly god in front of him. His gawk opened-mouth as the guy began to speak in a deep baritone voice that sends chills down his spine.

"Hello, my name is Seph. What can I get you?" He asked as his eyes traveled over my body with the least bit of subtleness. A smirk, followed by out dimples on both cheeks, grazed his lips as he looked his fill.

Just like that, I was hooked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Every few days after that first meeting, I would go after my classes to the ice cream shop just to see him again and hear his deep voice if only for when he would take my order. I would sit all the way in the back and observed him from a far.

As the weeks went by, he started to sit with me when it was his break. A few weeks went by with us just talking and getting to know each other, there would be the occasional "accidental" touches and stolen glances as he worked behind the counter.

Today was going to be different because I was going to ask him out on a date, I was going to man up and stop being a coward.

We were sitting down on what has become our usual spot- the relaxing area- and eating chocolate ice cream. I stared at my ice cream, my previous confidence training out of me as I thought of the outcome if he rejected me. What would I do then? I couldn't lose his friendship just because I couldn't control my emotions.

"Are you ok?" Trent asked as he watches me curiously.

"Fine"

"Are you sure? You seem a little off today." He placed his hand over my forehead, checking my temperature."You're not sick. Maybe a little pale..."

"I said I was fine. It's nothing really." I forced on a smile, not meeting his eyes. I didn't want to worry him further.

"I won't you tell me what's wrong? Was it me? Did I do something?" He stumbled over his words.

I couldn't do this to him anymore, I had to ask him.

"Um...-I--Will ...You go out with me? "I blurted out as I finally lifted my gaze to look at him.

He was looking at me with a small smile and said: "Finally!" and tackle me to the couch.