Understandment

I drive back home but on the way there was absolute quiet. Hailey wasn't talking and I wasn't talking.

"So", I said in a quiet soft voice.

"That was fun", I added.

"Yeah, sure was" Hailey says while placing her head on the door of the car.

"You were right he is cute. You should go for it", I say with a excited expression.

"Really, I thought you, you..." Hailey couldn't continue talking when I cut her off.

"You like him, that's what you were going to say right?" I asked.

"Yeah, so you really don't like him? He saved you life doesn't that create any feelings?" Hailey questions in a weird way.

"Well, ok Hailey", I say while parking the car  on the side of the road.

"Look when I was drowning, I was calling you but you were too far away. So I kept on screaming, a few seconds later I could feel a hand grab mine and it pulled me across the water. I don't really know what happened after that. I just remember wiping my eyes because they were stinging and raising my head and opening my eyes and that's when I saw Caleb". I explain while looking at Hailey.

Hailey stays quiet while listening to my side of the story.

"I know you think that I would like him for saving my life, but no Hailey I really don't. I say while lying.

I do like him I mean he saved my life but I just can't tell Hailey. She's my friend and I'm not going to break our friendship for a boy that I would eventually get over. He is really cute and hot but I can't do that to Hailey.

"Ok, I trust you", Hailey says.

"Thankyou", I say while turning back into the right lane and driving off back home.