Clary flipped through the pages of a book while Sebastian worked on some kind of tea. Magnus grimaced looking at the odd colour of the tea. He winked at Magnus, giving him the disgusting looking tea. Magnus drank it reluctantly but he knew he had to.

"God, that is disgusting." Magnus commented, his face going sour. "Are you sure this isn't revenge for that tim-"

"Just drink it." Sebastian mumbled, getting himself his own cup. He downed it, as if it was a shot glass. "That is disgusting."

"What does that do?" Clary asked, her eyes going to Sebastian. Sebastian grimaced at the familiar bitter taste. He had been drinking it every single day, hoping to keep his magic strong. He was also practicing so it would grow stronger but somehow it just got weaker.

"Hopefully kick-start my magic." Magnus answered. Clary gave him a questioning look, asking if it was working. "Give it a minute?" Magnus sat down, his hand going to his stomach.

"That book is very precious." Sebastian said, startling Clary. He walked to her side, looking at the book. "Warlock spells preserved in all their grandeur."

"It's stunning." Clary commented. She hesitantly looked at Sebastian. "What did Clary from this dimension do to you?"

"Uh, she, um, she broke up with me because her parents didn't exactly like that I was older. She fought against them at first but then, uh, I guess she crumbled against the pressure." Sebastian told her, scratching the back of his neck awkwardly. Clary frowned at his words. "I mean, I'm over it, I guess?"

"This isn't working." Magnus cut it. "This is the longest I've ever abstained." He sighed, mumbling under his breath, "From a lot of things." He walked towards them, sensing the tension between them.

"Why don't you just try something simple? Move that." Clary ordered, pointing at a random object on a desk. Magnus struggled, a small blue mist coming from his hand. He grunted, the magic returning to himself. Sebastian snapped his fingers, black mist shooting out from his hand. He levitated the object, moving it around Clary. The latter giggled, smiling at Sebastian.

"Show off." Magnus muttered. He wasn't jealous since it was his fault that he hadn't tried keeping his magic awake. Suddenly, the black mist returned to his palm, the object dropping on the floor.

"I can't use my magic for long." Sebastian stated, crouching down to pick up the object.

"It's fine, we just have to find the Portal." Clary told him, giving him a smile. Sebastian replied with a smile of his own and Magnus groaned, knowing that he would have to third wheel while this Clary is still here.

"Even if our magic was working completely, we'd still need an energy signature of some kind to track it." Magnus stated, breaking their little moment. Clary pursued her lips, looking down. She ripped off the gem from her necklace.

"I don't know how this came into this dimension with me." She said. Sebastian touched it and they both gasped from the small electric shock like sensation.

"Because it's of this dimension." Sebastian stated, a grin coming up to his lips. He took it from her hands and made Magnus touch it. "It belongs here."

"Oh, now that's what I'm talking about." Magnus said, giving Sebastian a wink. "We have lift off."

Sebastian breathed deeply, saying, "The energy is very faint."

"It's been dormant for a long time." Magnus told her before chuckling. "Like me."

Sebastian chuckled at his words and tried finding the portal. "It's in the Institute." Magnus sighed at his words.

"Why is that a problem?" Clary asked, genuinely confused.

"High tech, high security. Impossible to get into." Magnus stated and Clary grinned.

"And hosting an anniversary party tonight that I have the hookup to." Clary said, making the two other smile. Her cell phone chimed and she checked her phone. She cursed under her breath. "Meet me tonight at 7:00 p.m. at the Institute."

She gave them a wink and said, "Dress to impress." She kissed Sebastian on the cheek and walked away. Sebastian sighed and touched the place where she kissed.

"I'm so screwed." Sebastian stated, a small smile on his face.

"That you are, Sebby." Magnus chuckled when the smile disappeared from his face.

"So many years of friendship and you still can't call me Sebastian?"

_____________

It's been so long that I haven't posted. Sorry for that!

So to clarify (or ya know, clary-fy), in the alternate dimension SEBASTIAN LOOKS LIKE BUCKY WHEN HE TURNED INTO THE WINTER SOLDIER.

I've been skipping a lot of shit like when Simon turned into a vampire and everything after that but it didn't have anything to do with this story  so I didn't add it.

Anyway, how did you like the chapter and do you like the new cover?

ADIOS