Tickle The Pear ~ Chapter Eight.

Hey guys!! I haven't uploaded since last year! Hee hee. Anyway, its not that good, but here it is!! Enjoy!! :D 

Chapter 8

“Now look what you’ve done!” Hermione groaned at Draco Malfoy and leaned back onto her bed. She’d thought Fred was going to make a move. He liked her, didn’t he? But no, before he could stupid Draco Malfoy came in and ruined it. And now Fred thinks they’re going out! But… maybe she should be harsher on Fred. He did trap her in a box and nearly killed her.

“I’ve done? All I’ve done is rid that ginger oaf out of your life! You should be happy darlin’.” He replied, whilst Hermione grimaced at the word ‘darling’.

“Don’t you dare call me darling! Just get out, and leave me alone!” She shrieked at him.

For a second it seemed like hurt flashed in his eyes, but when he blinked it was gone.

“Fine, fine; I guess you’ll never hear the plan I had to get back at Fred.” Hermione’s eyes widened at the statement, but her mouth remained close.

Without a second glance at her, Draco left the Hospital Wing. Still taking in what he said, Hermione lay down and drifted off into a pretty dreamless sleep…

***

Madam Pomfrey slowly shook the sleeping Gryffindor awake. “Come on dearie, it’s time for you leave, you’re better now.” Stirring, Hermione opened her chestnut eyes and stared at the matron.

It had been a fortnight since Hermione had arrived at the Hospital Wing; a fortnight since Fred had left; and a fortnight since Draco had put a plan in the air. And now she needed to know what the plan was – and soon.

Harry and Ron had visited her; however Ron was always distant, and seemed like he had been dragged along.

Slowly Hermione shrugged on her robes, thanked Madam Pomfrey and headed to the Gryffindor common room. Her head was in the clouds, still thinking about Draco and his plan that she slipped on the trick staircase.

“Merlin,” she cursed under her breath, picking herself up and dusting herself done. “I need to be more careful.”

She reached the empty common room and sat down by the fire. Of course, everyone was at dinner. But she wasn’t hungry. Instead so began catching up on the homework she missed, and once that was done she knitted some hats for the elves.

Hermione was on her fifth hat by the time the first person came back from dinner. From then on, more people began filing in and soon she was jumped upon with questions.

“Are you alright Hermione?”

“I bet the twins and Lee are really sorry.”

“Who was that mysterious stranger? Was it a student?”

“Maybe it was Fred!”

“Don’t be silly, it wouldn’t have Fred, he was there about to cut her.”

“Yes but maybe the person cutting her wasn’t Fred, it was George.”

“But George was standing next to him the whole time.”

“How did you know he was there the whole time?” Silence; and then a softer version of the voice… “You weren’t watching him… were you?”

“No, no. Of course not.”

“Anyway, Hermione just tell us!”

Fortunately her stomach rumbled, and she used it as an excuse to exit quickly out of the common room. She headed down near the Hufflepuff common room, found a certain painting, tickled the pear and slipped into the kitchens.

There she found some food, and began to eat.

If she hadn’t been too busy eating, she would have heard someone come in behind her, but she didn’t, so it came as a great surprise when she felt a pair of arms wrap around her torso…