Painting Flowers ~ Chapter Seven

So basically, I'm really sorry I haven't updated in ages. Over a month I think, but I couldn't have a good plot line. So I was like to my friend (who its dedicated to), I was like Ellieeeeeeeeeeee, come and help me with the story! She kindly agreed and basically wrote this chapter, but I edited it a bit. So go and fan her. =) Enjoy!

Chapter 7

Fred and George were going to kill her. Kill Hermione. If she didn’t die from the saw, she would die from the shock. The twins had to be stopped.

But of course, nothing could stop the boys when they were in full flow. Nothing except….

‘Stupefy!’ The three 7th years were thrown backwards and crashed against the wall, the saw at their feet.  For there, standing in the middle of the library, was a hooded figure. A hooded figure who’s feminine figure stood out in the crowd. A hooded figure who’s wand was drawn.  As the person made their way up to where Hermione was trapped, every pair of eyes in the room was upon them, trying to work out who it could be.

Reaching the box where Hermione lay hidden, the figure slowly opened it.   

Inside the box were Hermione’s wide and scared eyes visible. Cautiously, she took the hand offered to her by her rescuer…  

But when her legs failed her, and she collapsed to the floor, she was rescued once more by the hooded character; being picked up bridal style. Together they left the library.

Hermione’s mind was spinning from the events as she was carried out. She was shaking. She felt vile rising in her throat from her stomach. It was too much effort to swallow it back down. Instead, she looked up, and stared into her saviour’s eyes; very familiar eyes. Eyes she couldn’t help but love…. 

'Its okay Hermione, I’ve got you.’ A voice whispered to her, coming from the figure carrying her.  She felt them bend down and plant a gentle kiss on her forehead. But then, but then…

Hermione’s head went heavy in the arms, and they everything had gone black for her.

***

'Come on Hermione, please, open your eyes for me.' A masculine voice said.  Pair of hands was wrapped around her own.  

Her groggy mind struggled to figure out the voice. She wanted her eyes to open for them... but her eyelids felt too heavy.

She heard him sigh and clothes rustling as they stood up. Her eyes finally fluttered open as a red-haired boy was preparing to plant a soft kiss on her head.  

Her eyes widened and she took in a sharp breath. It was, it was

“Fred.” She breathed, barely audible.

His eyes darted to hers and when he discovered she was awake, he immediately stood back.  

He cleared his throat and opened his mouth to say something but Madam Pomfrey flounced in, carrying a bottle.  

'Wonderful! You're awake!'  

Hermione only now realised she was in the Hospital wing.  

'What happened to me-' she didn’t need to wonder anymore; she remembered. Her eyes narrowed as she glared at Fred. At least he had the decency to look embarrassed, 'Oh. I remember...'  

But Madam Pomfrey just shook her head, 'yes, yes, I'm sure you do. But don't worry now, you only fainted from fright, there is no lasting damage. Drink this though; it will make you feel a bit better.' The nurse pressed a cup into her hand and walked away again.  

'Hermione I am so-' He began, but couldn’t continue. How could he even begin to explain how sorry he was?

'You are so what Fred? Sorry? I bet you didn’t know  I could have DIED.' Hermione snapped at him, but words failed him in his response. His mouth opened and closed like a goldfish, so instead he just looked away to the entrance in shame.

However the shame he felt soon turned to anger when he saw none other than Draco Malfoy sweep in through the door.

He walked straight up to Hermione’s bed, and flashed a winning smile.  'Ah, good to see you awake, Granger. Last time I saw you this close, was up on the Astronomy tower,' He smiled at Fred before suddenly he looked mock-surprised and slapped a hand to his head, 'Oh, no no no! It was yesterday I saw you! How could I forget!?’

‘You weren’t even at the show Malfoy.’ Fred grimaced at Draco.

‘Oh, that was right. I didn’t watch all of it. The time I DID see you yesterday, was when you were in my arms, unconscious. Except, that doesn’t really count…’

Hermione was mortified. She couldn't look at either of the boys. Instead she concentrated on the cup in her hand and the orange liquid that was in it. 

Draco stared at Hermione, his grey eyes boring into her until she turned to look him in the eye. As soon as she did, he smiled a little smile, and made a small kissy-face. A burning sensation filled up Hermione's cheeks, and she knew she was flushing badly. Unfortunately that seemed to reveal the true meaning of Draco's words to Fred. 

She glanced at the ginger head boy, who was looking from Draco to herself, eyes narrowing more and more every time he looked at each of them.    

He set down the flowers he had in his hand on the table beside the bed. 'Right,' He said coldly, 'Okay. Well, glad you're okay Hermione, but I guess I'll leave you with your-' His eyes looked sad for a minute, before anger pushed it out, '-With your boyfriend.' he finished, his face showing no emotion than the quick flash in his eyes.  

He walked quickly out if the Hospital Wing, only stopping to glare at her once. 

I'll try upload soon, thanks for reading! <3