one

Kristina's Point Of View

As I pulled into the Maddox driveway I felt nervous and excited. I hadn't seen Brooke or my uncle in so long, only over FaceTime.

I stepped out of my car and opened the trunk grabbing my bags. I look up a the house in front of me. It was huge! A whole lot bigger than mine that's for sure. I walked up to the door and knocked trying to keep all my bags from falling.

"Kristina! Finally!" Brooke opened the door and jumped on me hugging me. I dropped my bags and gave her hugged back. "Come on, my dads at work but I'll take you to your new room!" she picked up two of my bags and I followed her inside.

"Brooke your house is huge." I looked around as we walked through. I admired the photos and designs around the house until I was stopped by tripping over my bag. Luckily I managed to catch myself.

"Wow somethings never change, you're still as clumsy as ever." Brooke laughed opening a door to what I guess is my new room. The walls were a nice light blue, the comforters on the bed were a black and blue pattern to match the rest of the room. It was fairly bigger than my old bedroom in New York.

"So this your room! unless you don't like it there's another guest room." Brooke and I sat my bags down on the bed. "No I like it." I smiled.

"So do you want to unpack or catch up? Are you hungry? I could make us food-" I cut Brooke off before she could ramble about anything else. "Jeez, you sound like the mom from mean girls. I'm fine, lets catch up." she smiled and pulled me down the hallway to her bed room.

I studied the photos in her wall. There was a few of us from when we were younger, some of her mom and dad and some of a guy. I picked up the one of her and the guy I believe was her boyfriend and our old friend Jake. "Is this Jake?" I asked, she nodded with a smile on her face.

A few months back Brooke FaceTimed me, she wanted to let me know about her 'secret' affair with Jake Fitzgerald. Jakes family was friends with ours, so growing up we were all close.

"So when do I get to see the shake n Jake?" I joked using his nickname he made for himself in 8th grade. "Well I could get him to come over when my father isn't home? Oh! Or tomorrow night were having a welcome home party for Emma! You should totally come!"

Yes, yes, I'm all up to date with the whole story of the Lakewood six, everything that has happened and what's going on in their lives now. Brooke always keeps me on top of things. Before I moved, Noah foster, Brooke, Jake, Emma Duval, Audrey Jenson and I all went to the same elementary school. I was close with them all, not so much Brooke. She wasn't close with any of them but Jake, until high school she became friends with Emma. Once the murders occurred that brought her closer to Noah and Audrey.

"I'm not sure, I just got here. I want to get used to this place again, get a new start maybe." I looked away from Brooke hoping she wouldn't caught on to what I meant. I just didn't want to be around people just yet and I really needed this new start.

"A new start? Why, what's up?" she asked. I know broke and I tell each other everything, but the day she called me to tell me about Jake, was the same day I found out my boyfriend had cheated on me with my best friend. I couldn't ruin Brooke's happiness so I just never told her.

"Please, don't get mad that I never told you. You remember Andrew right?" she nodded and waited for me to continue. "Okay. Well I went to stay with Aunt Judy for a week and he cheated on me with my best friend. I looked like an idiot everyone knew for months but me. Once I found out I broke up with him and just felt sort of horrible since." I explained. Brooke walked over to me and hugged me.

"I know the perfect way to for you to get a new start. Let's go shopping, get you new clothes, a new style, then when we go to school we'll find you the perfect guy!" I couldn't help but smile and agree.

Maybe being back in Lakewood won't be so bad after all...

Alright so that's chapter one, I hope whoever reads this book enjoys! I'm not great with the whole first chapter/intro type stuff but I plan to make this better I swear!:)