“Can I ask you something Daniel?”

“You just did”

Such a smartass, rolling my eyes I continued

“Why don’t you ever train with Blake? Hes a great fighter, I think if you and him worked together we could be like the unstoppable trio!”

“Sunshine – we are already unstoppable –

Winking at me he took a big breath

“Yes I agree, Blake’s a great fighter but we just don’t lik-

Jumping up I cut him off

“Holy shit that isn’t really the time is it?!”

“Yeah it is why?”

“Daniel! We have been here for 4 hours! The CrystalNight pack should be here, I was supposed to greet them with my uncle!”

His puzzled look made me want to smack him, it’s a good thing he is pretty. Shaking my head I spoke to him like he was a child

“Daniel… I’m the beta … I have to do ... Pack shit now...”

Understanding filled his eyes then panic settled in… we were in so much shit. Jumping up we both ran to the kitchen. Showering and changing forgotten. I could already smell the delicious food, there was so much conversation going on it was hard to focus on my uncles voice, I wanted to feel him out before we ran in there. I decided to mind link Blake and see if he could help us out.

Blake? Why didn’t anybody tell us they arrived?

Holy shit Eryn! fucking finally, your Uncle is pissed! You were supposed to be here when they arrived where the hell are you and why did you block the pack out with a barrier?

Blocking him again I smirked, he was going to be so pissed. I looked back at Daniel and sighed shaking my head, we were definitely in trouble.

“ROSIE what the hell??”

“Oh shush we needed to train, you couldnt very well fight with the pack barking orders at you constantly! I just put them on mute for a while...”

Shoving Rosie back in whatever hole she came out of I shook the rest of my nerves away, looking at Daniel and nodded to show him I was ready and we walked into the kitchen.

It reminded me of the first time I arrived here and walked in. Everyone stopped talking and stared. Looking over at my uncle I knew he was pissed off but I couldn’t help it I shrugged.

“Um sorry everyone the time slipped by us…

I let my voice trail off, I had to breathe and as soon as I took a breath I smelt him… the intoxicating scent.  Daniel moved his head down so he could whisper in my ear; low enough so the other wolves wouldn’t hear.

“Why are they all staring?”

Taking a quick glance at everyone- making sure to not make eye contact –it clicked and I couldn’t help but giggle.

“Look at how we are dressed! We have our barley there workout clothes on... And we are super sweaty still” Daniel looked down like he just realized he was practically naked and let out a booming laugh – making some of the wolves jump. To them it looked like we were sharing some sort of intimate joke and that put me into another fit of giggles. A deep growl vibrated throughout the room I couldn’t tell if it came from Blake, Will or Jake but it made me laugh again. Daniels eyes danced with amusement, that sly dog new exactly what he was doing!

Smiling I shot him a wink then started to make my way around the huge dining table to my seat at the head of the table. Leaning down I squeezed my uncle’s shoulder while mouthing “sorry” to him. Blake’s hand instantly went to my thigh and squeezed. Looking over at him he gave me a tight smile. Huh I guess he didn’t like mine and Daniels entrance either.

“Everyone, now that we finally have all of our guests I’d like to introduce to you all to Daniel – my number one fighter. He will be training all of you… women and children…

A few men tried to stand up and argue but my uncles glare made them cower down back into there seat. I smirked...Good dog.

My uncle continued 

“ it’s never too early to learn how to protect yourself.”

His voice left no room for argument, I could tell some wanted to disagree with him but there was no room for discussion. I completely agreed with my uncle, to be a strong pack everyone needs to know at least some self-defense moves.

“And this lovely lady - putting his hand on my shoulder – is my niece and my Beta. She has trained with Daniel for over two years; she will be helping train you all with Daniel. Eryn would you like to introduce yourself?”

I was nervous, I thought I was doing a good job at not letting it show but I should have known Blake would see right through my façade. I smiled at him, as I stood I grabbed his hand… I needed him to keep me grounded. Taking a deep breath I looked up, scanning over every familiar face from my old pack. I stopped at Jake, he was glaring at me, i gave him an eye roll. It wasn’t  like I was expecting him to be happy to see me but come on. Shaking my head I shot him a wink and continued scanning everyone not stopping until my eyes landed on Will. His grew wide; it was like he was seeing me for the first time. My stomach churned; I’m positive everyone could hear how hard my heart was pumping. No matter how hard I tried I couldn’t break his gaze. Blake squeezed my hand which snapped me out of it; looking at him I smiled then looked back at Will. I could feel Rosie taking over… she was pissed. Wills face flushed, I could hear him gulp. It gave me satisfaction knowing he was intimidated.

I held will’s gaze, with a smirk I couldn’t help the growl that came out while I spoke

“I can’t wait to train you all”