11 | frappé

Beginne am Anfang

I was very surprised when Rosen called me on Saturday.

It was around 7PM when my phone rang, his name flashing on my screen. And yes, we finally exchanged numbers so he doesn't have to come over every time he wants to have a dance practice with me. Now he can just call me about it or text me the details, which I find very convenient. We decided to meet up again and slowly practice the second half of our dance routine. We have about 4 months left before everything has to be perfect and it seems like we're following our schedule very well and we won't have problems with time.

"Hey, Rosen," I greet him as I arrive at the dance studio, my sports bag hanging from my shoulder and my phone in hand.

Rosen turns around once he hears my voice and smiles at me, "Hey."

His smile's so beautiful it makes me tingle every time I see it. I wonder if I have the same effect on him or if it's just a one way feeling.

"I'm finished with the choreography for the second part of the dance so I'll show it to you and you can tell me if we should change something or just how to improve."

"Yeah, of course."

As the music starts playing, Rosen completely zones out and only focuses on the dancing. He closes his eyes as he lets the music take over his body and control his every movement. I stare at him in awe, wondering how someone can be so passionate about dancing. It makes me realize just how much he wants to pursue dancing as a career and I'm happy to say the same exact thing about myself.

When he finishes I'm completely speechless. The whole choreography was so beautiful that I didn't know what exactly to say.

"It's brilliant, Rosen, absolutely brilliant."

"Thanks," Rosen smiles, scratching the back of his neck. "So you don't think I need to change things? Because if I do then just let me know and I'll think of ways to improve."

"No, no, everything is perfect."

Once we started practicing all of the problems and worries in my head faded. All I could think about was moving in sync with Rosen and following his movements and letting my body do whatever it wanted to do. It almost felt like the music was caressing me, carrying me through the air and fully controlling my body. I knew music and dance had an impact like this on me but I never expected to find tranquillity within myself and music whilst dancing with Rosen.

Our practice got cut short when Rosen's phone rang and his face went rigid when he looked at the caller ID.

"Hello? Is everything okay with Faith?" He asks immediately.

Another problem with this Faith girl. Just watch me get ditched once again.

"Her condition is worse again?" Rosen asks, his voice breaking midway through the sentence. "Of course, I'll be there as soon as I possibly can."

I sigh, starting to pack up my things before Rosen even has a chance to finish the call. Looks like I'll be going home and spending the rest of the night with my friend Netflix.

"I need to go, something urgent came up," Rosen says as he ends the call and shoves his phone into his pocket.

"Yeah, I understand." I reply.

"I want you to come with me, Haze," Rosen suddenly says.

My ears perk up at that sentence and I turn to look at him. "Are you sure you want me there?"

"Yes, I've ditched you so many times because of Faith that you need to find out who she is. I don't want you to think I'm spending time with another girl and ditching you for no reason because that's not the case."