The proposal

Phil's Pov-

It was the day of my brother Martyn's wedding. He was marrying his longtime girlfriend Cornelia. I wake up and turn to see Dan laying next to me. I poke his sleepy face. "Dan.", I whisper loudly. "Hmm.", he says rubbing his eyes. "It's my brother's wedding Dan, wake up.", I say. I give him a kiss and walk to the bathroom to get dressed.  We didn't have to properly get ready until 2pm.

I finish brushing my teeth and taking a shower and walk back into our room and find Dan still asleep. I groan. "Dan wake up.", I say. I turn around to leave and say "No kisses then.". Dan bolts out of our bed and goes into the bathroom. I smile to myself and get our bowls of cereal out and pour us cereal. Dan walks out and grabs the hello kitty bowl and kisses my head and sits on the couch and i sit next to him and turn on the TV to watch anime.

***

"Dan go put on your suit.", I say. Dan slides off the couch and lands on the ground on his back. I laugh and he gets up to put on his suit. I tidy the living room and wait for Dan to come out. "Am I beautiful?", he says. He does a spin. "Yes.", I say. I quickly get dressed. Dan comes into the bathroom to straighten his hair. When he finishes he puts it next to my head and straightens my fringe for me. We spray cologne on and leave the house and grab our phones.

We took a cab to my mums house as the wedding was held in her backyard. We pulled up and my parents were outside and I gave them a hug and they hugged Dan after. We looked around and saw my brother. "Hey Martyn.", we said. He was fiddling with his hands. "Nervous?", Dan asked. He nods. I hug my older brother. "You'll do fine.".

***

"You may kiss the bride.", the priest says. Martyn kisses his red haired bride. And everyone applauds. We all stood up and cheered as they ran down the aisle into their limo. Dan and I get up and go look for my parents as we were driving to the party with them.

***

We were at the party and everyone was taking turns making a toast to the couple. Out of the corner of my eye I see Dan rise and start to talk. He holds his wine glass up. "I'd like to make a toast to the newlyweds.", he says. People start clapping. "Um Martyn I've known you forever. You are like a older brother to me. And Cornelia you are a very kind and lovely lady. I hope you two stay together.", Dan finishes. 

I stand up. "Martyn you have been the best brother a guy could ask for. And I hope you and your beautiful bride stay together forever.", I say. I smile at Cornelia "And to the bride, I hope you guys are happy together. And take care of my brother and yourself.", I finish. I notice Dan is still standing. 

He takes my hand. "I think this is the right time to say this.", he says. I look at him confused. Everyone grows quiet. "Phil we knew each other for seven years and I was like, damn this guy is amazing.", he starts. Everyone is looking at each other smiling. I stand there confused.

"Phil we fell in love. You helped me with my depression. You are the light in my life. And I love you so so much. You don't even know. You are so beautiful and kind and caring and so smart. You see things that other people don't see.", he continues. I catch my brother and Cornelia sharing knowing faces.

"So Phil.", Dan says getting down on his knee. I gasp and cover my mouth. "Will you marry me.", he asks. I nod. "Yes.", I cry out. Dan puts the ring on my finger and kisses me and and we hug and stay like that. I hear the applause surround us. We pull apart and I wipe the tears off my face.

My dad has his arm around my mum who was crying. She smiles. "It looks like there will be another Lester wedding.", she says. I turn to Dan and smile.

"A Howell-Lester wedding.", I say.

__________________________________

Hey guys!

Asmaa here. And I hope you guys enjoyed this first one shot.

 I will be writing more in the future.

Twitter-