Chapter Seven: Remember (Part One)

Aleu was unconsion for five hours. By the time she woke up,it was already Midnight. She groan in pain. She turned around to find her parents,grandmother, and brother fast asleep."I need some water"she thought. She got up and walked out of the cave. She walked down the rock stairs, carefully trying not to fall over her lame leg. She passed by the other caves until she reached the waterhole. She bent down for a drink when something caught her eye.

  She stared up at the tree. Then, a fully-grown Blue-Jay appeared in front of her."Skye!"Aleu said, happy to see her bird friend. The bird tweeted happily. Then,Aleu heard some rustling in the bushes nearby making Skye retreat and fly away. She got up and walked toward them. Then, she saw a figure jump out of the bushes and it ran toward the border. The creature turned around to stare at her with it's honey-yellow eyes before it ran away. At an instinct,she followed the creature and crossed her border. She ran through the meadows as the blue flowers bloomed in the moonlight. She tripped a few times. The figure ran in the shadows.

  Aleu soon reached the tree bridge. She searched around for the creature,but she didn't see anything. She turned around and something with honey-yellow eyes stood in front of her. She stared at the creature closely. She then realized it was a wolf. A black wolf. She stepped away from him as he closer to her. Soon,she was trapped between a tree and the wolf. He stepped closer to her until their faces were inches away. He stared into her faded baby-blue eyes. He sniffed at her and he stared at her again."G-Get away!"she shouted."*Chuckles Softly*You really haven't changed at all"he  whispered with a slight smirk.

  She stared at him. He got closer, but only to look at the back of her head. His chestfur grazed against Aleu's chestfur as he inspected her head. His paws shifted and one landed on Aleu's paw,softly. He jerked his away to stared down at their paws. His moved it away quickly and Aleu's ears flattened. He took a step back and stared at her, again."How's your head?"he asked. She stared at him,puzzled. "Don't you remember hitting your head five hours ago?"he asked. She shook her head.

  On second thought,she did remember when she woke up and her head started to hurt. But, how on earth he know about her headache?"Don't you remember? You went hunting and a hunter was going to shoot you"he said. Aleu thought for a moment. She remembered going hunting with her brother and friends. She had spotted a dear and had heard a "click" sound. Then,a black wolf appeared out of nowhere and pushed her out of the way. But after that,she couldn't remember anything else. 

  She stared at him."You were the wolf who--y-you saved me. W-W- Why?"she said."You really don't remember me at all,do you?"he asked. She shook her head,again. "Its me,Takashi"he said. She stared at him. She stared deep into his eyes."T-Takashi?"she said. He smirked at her. Aleu smiled and jumped in glee. She jumped a little too close to Takashi and she accidentally landed on top of him. He shook his head and stared at her."Sorry! Its just that I'm so glad to see you again"she said as she helped him up. Then,she started at circle him,inspecting him closely."My, you've grown!"she said. He stared at her as a small chuckle escaped his throat."So have you" he said as she stopped right in front of her.

  She smiled gently at him. He stared at her right paw."So..how's your clan?"she asked as she tried to make him to look away. He stared at her."You really don't like when wolves stared at your right paw,do you?"he asked. She laughed nevously as her ears flattened."Yeah,well....it brings back too many bad memerios" she said as she frowned. He stared at her as she walked away. She layed down on the soft grass at the edge of the pond. Takashi walked over to her and sat down next to her. He spotted a Lily-Pad floating nearby and so did Aleu. She reached to touch it, remebering what Takashi had shown her when they were pups. The Lily-pad glowed and she giggled.

  Takashi smiled at her."You remembered"he said softly as he kept staring at the flower. She stared at him. It was strange that she could only remember a few things from her puphood. How could not remember Takashi? She sat up and stared at the moon above. It glowed like her pelt and Takashi's eyes."How long have you been crippled?"he asked. She stared at him before she started to think."Well,all my life I've been crippled"she said. He stared at her."I'm sorry"he said,quietly. She stared at him. "Its not your fault"she said.

  Takashi smiles at her and gets up. He walks away and heads toward the tall grass. Aleu followed him and she stared at the young wolf. Takashi smiled at her and then he took a few steps forward. Then,he stopped and the started to turn around in circles,his tail lightly brushing against the tall grass. Then,all of a sudden,fireflies fly out, surrounding Aleu and Takashi. Aleu smiled at Takashi and he smiled back.