Chapter Five: Aleu Meets Takashi

Takashi ran passed the meadow until he reached the tree bridge. He sat down on the bridge and look at the water. His reflection looked back at him,but it was divided in half. And he could see the scar Tanka left on his neck and the scar Anbuis left on his shoulder. He frowned. All he ever wanted was to fit in. But,nothing ever went the way he wanted. Aleu was on her way to the tree bridge as well. She was crying and it blurred her vision,so she couldn't see clearly. Her mind raced with thoughts and memories as she ran through the meadow.

She remember her first day at Omega School. Everyone stared at her and her black paw. As she walked to the front of the class, she heard the other pups whisper stuff to one another."Its a good thing I have the best hearing in the enteir clan"she had thought on that day. She heard the other pups whipsering "Look at her paw!" or "She's a mixed-breed!". And when they all saw that she limped when she walked,they whispered even more."She's crippled!"one pup had said."She's born with a lame leg!"said another. She tripped,but she got up and countiuned running.

Then,memories from a few minutes ago entered her mind. "Yeah,well you can't join us,Fur-face!"Mala had said."Faces the fact,Aleu! You're nothing but useless,crippled wolf pup that will never belong to the pack!" shouted Bira."Yeah,you may be the princess,but you're a disgrace to this clan!"shouted Zuba. Aleu kept crying as she reached the bridge. She jumped on it and kept running,but then she bumped into something. She fell on her right side and shook her head as she got up. She stared at what she bumped into and found a black wolf pup laying on his side.

Takashi shook his head and stared at Aleu. Then,he got up and crept towards Aleu as if he was stalking his prey. Takashi narrowed his eyes and Aleu backed away slowly. She had never seen a ShadowClan wolf this close."I-I'm so sorry. I-I didn't m-mean to--I-I'll just be on my way"said Aleu as she countiuned back away. Takashi kept walking toward her until she had her back against a tree. Takashi stood in front of her, their noses a few inches away. Aleu's ears flattened as Takashi sniffed her."G-Get away!!"she shouted. Then,Takashi growled. He inched a little closer and....... *Snap!*. Aleu screamed and closed her eyes shut,waiting for Takashi to bite her throat.

But when she opened one eye, she saw Takashi staring at her and was holding back a laugh. Then he bursted out laughing, making Aleu stare at him in confusion."*Laughs*You should of seen the look on your face!"he said as he sat down in front of her,smiling. She stared at him with her ears still flattened."W-What?"said Aleu. Takashi didn't answer her,he just kept staring at her. He had never seen a WindClan wolf this close before. Then,he stared at her from head to toe. He noticed her right and stared at it."She's a mixed-breed!"he thought. He sniffed her paw and Aleu flinched. He smiled slightly."Don't worry. I'm not gonna hurt you,okay?"he said. Aleu nodded. Takashi smiled and walked back to the bridge.

Aleu sat there with her back still against the tree. Takashi stared at her."Um,you can move now"he said. Aleu still didn't move,so Takashi went over and stood in front of her. He then slid behind her and pushed her with his forehead. He kept pushing her until she was on the tree bridge. Takashi sat down behind her. Aleu turned around and stared at the water. She noticed that Takashi staring at her and that their reflection were divdied in half."Strange,isn't it?"said Takashi as he stared at the water himself. Aleu stared at him, surprised. He stared back at her and noticed how faded her eyes were. And noticed how wet her cheeks were with tear stains.

"You are......blind?"asked Takashi. Aleu stared at him."Um..no?"she said."But you're eyes,they're--Yeah,I know. They're weird"said Aleu as she looked away."N-No...they're not weird. T-They're.....cool"said Takashi. Aleu looked at him."T-Thank you. Your eyes are cool,too"she said. He smiled at her. They both looked away from each other and looked up at the sun."Sooo....what's your name?" said Takashi."A-Aleu"she said. "Aleu? That's a nice name"said Takashi as he smiled sweetly. Aleu stared at him.