Chapter 11

VIOLET

VIOLET

"Give them false information."

Violet looked in shock at the man.

"And if they find out?"

He grimaced.

"Then we'll figure out a way to get your mom."

"No," Violet said quickly.

"No?"

"No. I don't want to get my mom."

She choked up saying it, but she knew it was for the best.

"Why?"

"She has never, ever been good to me."

"Then why come to me for help, and not just let Voldemort kill your mother?"

Violet cringed.

"I know we're supposed to love our parents unconditionally- well, usually. But after what she's done to me for the past fifteen years of my life, I could never, ever forgive her. She deserves to die for what she's done," Violet said angrily.

Dumbledore looked shocked. It was in these moments that he remembered Violet wasn't exactly innocent, either. Violet had killed, tortured, and more. How was he meant to know that she wouldn't go running back to Voldemort if she realizes he has more to offer her than Dumbledore does?

"I'm never going back to them, Dumbledore. After I've seen what a normal life feels like," She assured him.

He still wasn't sure about her. But all he could do right now was try to trust this broken girl.

*~*~*

In all honestly, Violet knew she shouldn't have made it clear she wouldn't go back to them. She really didn't know what she would do in the end. She was fifteen, she shouldn't be having to make these decisions at her age.

But she did know that she loved what her life was like now, way more than she had ever liked her life as a Death Eater.

Violet walked to her next class, History of Magic. Of course, no one ever paid attention to anything that happened in this class. It was all kind of stupid, really. Violet knew it probably was kind of important to know what happened, how magic came to be, who the first wizard was, about the wars, and more, so that they could be grateful for all the sacrifices that others made for them.

The students couldn't help but be bored at the Professor's boring, monotonous tone, and the information he was giving them wasn't exactly anything interesting, or he just didn't make it interesting enough.

Violet, unlike most, tried her hardest not to fall asleep during this class. It pained her to hear about all the good that others did to make their lives like they were now, and Violet had done a lot to ruin it. She felt that it was punishment, and therefore she listened to everything that was said with a heavy heart and a mind full of regret.

After History of Magic was over, Violet began to go to her next class, Potions. She was good enough at Potions; not the best, but not the worst, either. She did decent, right in the middle. Violet was nowhere near as smart as Lily Evans, although she had never tried to be.

During Potions, Violet had managed to only screw up her potion once, and even then it had been an easy fix. It went by quick enough, she had never had a problem with Potions. If anything, she found Potions quite fun compared to some of her other classes, like Herbology and History of Magic.

She then went to her least favorite class, Muggle Studies. It had seemed the easiest, at first, but then she was expected to remember all the names of the items and what they do and how to make them. She wasn't going to become an engineer; why did she need to know how to make them?

Muggle Studies went by slowly, but she finally got to her next class, which was Transfiguration. Transfiguration wasn't something she struggled with, it was actually her favorite class. She had to do a lot of transfiguration as a Death Eater, so she naturally just knew most of what was being taught to the others. Transfiguration was over before she knew it, and she found herself frowning as she left the classroom.

She had some other classes, such as Divination and Ancient Runes, but those flew by pretty quickly and smoothly.

Then, Violet finally got to lunch. She sat in between James and Sirius, with Remus and Peter across from them.

"Hey, Violet," James said.

"Hi, James, hi Sirius, Remus, and Peter."

"How were classes?" James asked.

"Boring, some of them, as usual. They went by pretty quickly, though, so I'm not complaining. How about you?"

He grinned, his eyes lighting up as he talked about the Quidditch practice he had. Violet smiled slightly and he suddenly stopped, scratching the back of his neck.

"Uh, we don't have to talk about this if you don't want to..."

She ran a hand through her hair and grinned at him.

"I mean, I know it must me kind of boring for you. You don't play Quidditch, do you? You should try out for the team sometime. It's really fun, but you might not like-" He cut off abruptly. "I'm sorry."

Violet rolled her eyes.

"Keep going, James. You've got me intrigued."

He grinned and kept talking.

*~*~*

hiii guys how have you been?

good I hope?

feel free to comment about your day if you'd like; I read all of them, even if I dont respond

i do try to respond to all comments but usually theres not really anything for me to say so when theres not i dont comment...

ok yeah im going to go now

enjoy the chapter friends

byee