Knowing Kisses

What if... Erza kisses Laxus in front of Jellal?

---------------------

Jellal watched as Mira talked with Laxus excitedly. When she glanced over to look at Jellal she waved him over to the bar.

"Hey Jellal!" She chirped excitedly. "Are you looking for Erza?"

Jellal glanced away suspiciously. "Not really," he lied.

Mira giggled and Laxus crossed his arms in doubt. 

"She's on a missio-"

"She's in the kitchen," Mira corrected. "Her mission was cancelled, remember?"

Laxus slowly nodded his head. "Oh, yeah," he grinned. "Why don't you call her over?"

Mira raised her eyebrows at Laxus and smiled knowingly. "She's sorting out the supplies though."

"Why don't you just swap places for a while?"

Mira shrugged. "Sure, why not?"

She swiftly walked over to the back door and shut it behind her. There was a momentary silence before Erza came out.

"Je-"

Laxus pushed off his stool and kissed her right on the lips. Erza's eyes widened, and so did Jellal's. The heavenly body mage continued to watch in shock as they pulled away from each other. Erza sent a smirk in Laxus' direction and he sent her a curt nod.

"You two were... a couple?" Jellal bit his cheek to keep his emotions in check. Despite this, tears began to well up in his eyes.

"Yeah, ever since we went on a mission together," Laxus smirked.

"But, you and Mira-"

"It's fine as long as she doesn't find out," Laxus finished.

Erza sent a smile in Jellal's direction. "You won't tell, right?"

"Erza, I never thought were the kind of person that-"

"You were never around to know the type of person I was." Erza huffed in annoyance. Jellal bit harder onto his cheek.

"I-I'm sorry you felt that way," he whispered. Slowly stepping away from the pair, he strided over to the guild doors and left the building with a broken heart.

---------------------

Laxus turned to Erza. "Wasn't that a bit harsh?"

She glanced at the ground guiltily.

"I guess I got a bit carried away," she sighed. "I'll go check on him."

---------------------

As Jellal sat down at the river bed, his tears began to freely fall from his eyes. For some reason this spot made his heart feel at ease. Away from the crowded streets, just the water flowing down.

Maybe I should move on, he contemplated. I never deserved her anyway...

"Jellal?" A voice sounded behind him.

"Erza," he curtly replied. Without even looking back, he could tell it was her.

"Are you alright? Did something happen-"

"I'm fine," he snapped.

Erza rolled her eyes. "Sure, Jellal," she sat down beside him. "Was it something that happened this morning?"

Jellal growled. Was she making a fool out of him? Did she find it funny that he was sad about her kiss with Laxus?

"YES," Jellal snapped. "What did you think I was upset about? You know how I feel about you-"

"What?"

Jellal sighed exasperatingly. "Erza, I just got jealous when you kissed Laxus and-"

"Wait, WHAT?"

"ERZA, I LOVE YOU! I CAN'T STAND TO WATCH YOU WITH ANOTHER MAN!"

Jellal felt his cheeks redden, and he could see Erza was blushing as well. "J-Jellal, I-"

"Save your breath, I already know that you don't love me," he murmured.

"No, Jellal, what I wanted to say was," Erza gazed into his eyes. "I didn't kiss Laxus."

"You know lying won't make me feel any better."

"No, I'm serious. I was on a mission all morning. That's why when you looked upset I asked if something happened while I was gone."

Jellal's eyes widened. That meant...

---------------------
FLASHBACK TO THIS MORNING

(Mira POV)

Laxus crossed his arms. "She's on a missio-"

"She's in the kitchen," I corrected. "Her mission was cancelled, remember?"

I sent a warning glare towards Laxus.

Laxus nodded his head in understanding. "Oh, yeah," he grinned, playing along. "Why don't you call her over?"

I raised my eyebrows. Lexus surprisingly caught on fast.

"She's sorting out the supplies though," I lied to make it sound more convincing.

"Why don't you just swap places for a while?" Laxus suggested.

I shrugged. "Sure, why not?"

I swiftly walked over to the back door and shut it behind me. Plan JERZA, COMMENCE! I used my transformation magic to change into Erza. This was perfect. I could set up a date for Erza with Jellal and... PERFECT! I mentally squealed at my good planning.

I opened the door once again.

"Je-"

Laxus pushed off his stool and kissed me right on the lips. My eyes widened, this wasn't part of the plan!

Jellal continued to watch as we pulled away from each other. I sent a smirk in Laxus' direction and he sent me a curt nod. Maybe this was a better plan. Making Jellal jealous would definitely work...

--------------------- 

Jellal's eyes widened even more after his train of thoughts. It was all a trap and he fell right into it...

HE CONFESSED TO ERZA!

--------------------- 

The end....

Sorry it's a short chapter, but more requests are being done that are quite long, so this is sort of like a filler. I hope you enjoyed! Thanks for all your support.