Ch.35:Forgiveness.

Maya
"What the hell happened to you?" I ask, rushing up to him and cupping his swollen cheek.

My mother slowly backs away disappearing into the kitchen. Leaving the two of us alone in the living room.

Lucas sniffles his stuffy nose. His breathing was fast, so he could barely speak.

"C-can we just go upstairs and talk about this?" He asks, gesturing to the stairs.

I nod my head and lead him up the staircase.

We walk into my room and he immediately goes towards my bed.

He sits on the end of the mattress and grabs a pillow.

Holding it close to his body, he tried to calm himself down.

"I'm sorry". He says, not even looking at me in the eyes.

He stares at my pillow and draws tiny circles on the fabric with his thumbs.

I mentally laugh to myself. See I was right all along , I don't think I should forgive him though. He did yell at me for the past three weeks, saying that I was crazy and being a psycho. He wouldn't listen to me. I think it's fair game that I shouldn't even forgive him. He deserves it.

I cross my arms over my chest and glare at him.

"You didn't believe me". I quietly say.

He lifts his head and looks at me through his glossy eyes.

He stands up and takes a step towards me. I didn't move. I just kept looking at him.

He scoops up my hands and brings them to his chest.

"I know and I'm terribly sorry". He apologizes.

A tear escaped from his eye and slowly glides down his red cheek.

Once it got to his chin, it fell and landed on my hand.

I looked at it as it soon begins to evaporate.

"Please forgive me". He begs, nearing towards me.

I continue to stare at him.

"Why should I?" I ask.

He pauses and wipes away his tears.

"At lunch today, Jay told me that he saw us on the news". He paused." He then said that he came to the hospital to check up on us. He then left, and I began to think. I realized that your were right! And I realized that I was being a dumbass, and should've believed you."

He looks down at the floor.

I stare at his bruise on his face.

"After school I found Jay and I beat him up. I tried to talk to the police but they said that it was no biggy".

"No biggy?". I questioned, as my eyebrows furrow together." He tried to kill me! How can it be no 'biggy?"

Lucas looked back up at me and shrugged." They said I don't have enough evidence... So they have no right to take him to jail".

I roll my eyes, and sit next to him.

Looking down at my hands I watched my fingers as they moved back and forth.

I see Lucas face turn to me." Are you still mad at me?" He asks worriedly.

I shrug with a sigh." I don't know... I mean, I should be. But I don't know.

He continues to stare at me.

I felt his hand rest on my thigh causing my breath to hitch.

"Please". He begs." I don't want you to hate me again".

I peer over at him and stare into his green eyes. I could see my reflection clearly through his pupils. His dark orbs shimmered in the light, just like the first day I met him.

Without hesitation his lips crashed against mine.

I closed my eyes only for a spit second, before opening them and pulling away.

He looks at me.

The taste of his dry, bloody lips almost made me gag.

"What's wrong?" He asks, looking at my cringed face.

"Go wash your face please". I smile, wiping my lips with my arm.

He touched his lips, confused of what I was talking about until he finally realized his lips were covered in blood.

"Oh!" He exclaims." I'm Sorry".

He walks out of the room and disappears into the hallway.

I could hear the sound of the door opening, followed by the sound of running tap water.

The water stopped and he quickly renters my room again. This time his face was clean, except for the giant bruise over his eye.

He shuts the door and walks over to me. Climbing onto my lap and laying me down on the bed, he reconnects our lips again.

He kisses me gently, before pulling away slightly.

"Better?" He asks, adding a quick chuckle.

His lips no longer tasted like blood, so it was much better.

"Better". I reply, leaning in and kissing him again.
🦄🦄🦄
My next update will be on Friday cause I'm going to busy at school and probably going to be tired.😴🙄

But anyways... 20 votes and 10 comments for the next chapter on Friday!!!!