Confidence

Sometimes dating can be hard. When I was young, I believed I was the ugliest kid on the block. It was horrible. I had 3 best friends and all of them looked like models, with perfect bodies and skin. I had good skin and there was nothing wrong with my body, but I still felt hideous in comparison. Sometimes that happens. We get so caught up in seeing the beauty in other people and things that we don't see the beauty in ourselves.

   I was in biblestudy the other night, talking to someone about my self esteem and how low it is. She said one thing: "Don't compare yourself to others. God made you to be you, not someone else. If he wanted you to look different, he would have made you different. He made you as beautiful as you are. He made you as a different person entirely, and comparing yourself yo your friends is silly because there's nothing to compare. You were made beautifully."

   The bible does have verses on this.

Psalm 139:14
"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well."

   God made you wonderful as you are, so I have a question for you. When you go to the zoo, do you look at the zebras and say, "Wow. Those zebras aren't nearly as pretty as the otters." Do you? No, of course not! When you compare yourself to others, you are comparing zebras to otters and birds to whales. It just doesn't make sense.

   So next time you're feeling sad or self concious, just remember that God made you as YOU. Not as an otter.

Prayer:
   Dear Jesus, I'm feeling extremely ugly and not worth it. There are people out there who are do beautiful, and I feel dull in comparison. Please help me know that I am gorgeous and beautiful in your eyes, and you are the only thing that matters. Thank you for loving me and blessing me, I love you. In Jesus' name, Amen.