-Chapter Nine-

Frisk sighed, walking into the house. The flight was long, and she had barfed twice. She perked up when she realized that Asriel would be with them, and that there were two new goat children! Jojo had told them the names, Travis and Terri. A boy and girl.

     "Mom?"she called gently. Everyone was gone for some reason. Chara motioned for Asriel to stay quiet. They crept upstairs, pushing open Toriel's door. She laid in her bed, rocking two little babies.

     "Greetings, my children. Sorry we had to cut your vacation short, but those men are useless around babies."

     Chara smiled,"That's okay mom. We did what we wanted to already. And we brought you something!"

     "Howdy, mom"

                                                 ---

     Frisk cradled Terri in her arms, humming softly. To her side, Chara held Travis. She hummed louder, and Chara noticed the familiar tune. Tears came to her eyes.

     "I can't believe we got him back. When you first fell and I woke up, it seemed that I would have to spend all eternity suffering in my memories. But then Asriel tried to, to kill us. He kept calling for me, and I kept screaming back. I remember asking myself, What did we do to deserve this? Why did we have to suffer this much? Were we doomed to spend forever calling for each other, to be so close, but to never be able to be together again? Was what we did really that bad? But, this time, I guess I-no, we screamed and called for him a little bit louder."

     "We had each other. That helped us get him back."

     Terri cooed, waving her little arms in the air. Frisk giggled, tickling her belly. Chara glanced down at Travis, and he was asleep, both thumbs in his mouth. Asriel walked down the stairs, Toriel, quite literally, on his tail.

     Three days has gone by since they brought Asriel home. Toriel had cried when she saw him. She then proceed to try to scold Chara and Frisk, saying that what they did was very dangerous. It didn't really work, because Toriel couldn't stop smiling and crying.

     "Hello my children."

Asriel waved at them, munching on a piece of butterscotch-cinnamon pie.

"Hey mom. Oh, I meant to ask, where is everyone? I know dad and Papyrus are gone during the day, but I haven't seen Sans or Jojo since we came back."

"Well, things have been getting, um, rough in our relationship with the humans. Asgore and Papyrus leave early in the morning and don't come back until late at night. As for Sans and Jojo, I have no clue."

"Does... Does Asgore know about Asriel?"

"Let's not dwell on Asgore for now. Now, put your shoes on, we're going to the store."

Frisk sighed and looked at the ceiling. She and Chara had hardly been alone since they came back.

"Can't we stay here?"

"No, I need your help with the twins."

---

     Frisk pulled yet another pack of diapers into the cart. Chara leaned toward her, kissing her cheek.

"Just one more year,"she whispered,"then we can move out."