Chapter Ten

First off, I just wanted to say thank you guys soooooooo much for the amazing support. Your comments and likes always encourage me to quickly update and I just feel so warm and fuzzy inside. I know the amount of votes I have is nothing compared to some other major books but considering I'm not a particularly popular author, getting votes is rare and to just see even one person vote is like mind blowing!!

I love you, guys!!! I was going to list the people but I'm not in the mood for scrolling through pages and pages of notifications to find the username... Maybe I'll do a chapter of mentions.

Anyways, shut up, MissteryWoman, let's just get on with it!!

**************

Xander sat at his desk, pen lodged between his forefinger and middle finger while he softly tapped it against his wooden desk. His other arm propped his head up, laying underneath his chin. Despite his calm and quiet demeanour, inside, his mind was racing, questioning everything. His thoughts. His feelings. His actions.

He could still feel the soft tingles playing on his lip after the kiss with Clara. Her lips, they were so soft and temptingly luscious. He couldn't resist. It had been so long that he had seen her and the mere sight of her excited his body, charging it up as if it was struck by lightning.

At the thought of her lips, his tongue instinctively peeked out from his mouth and licked his lips that the girl once kissed, savouring the sweet, sugary taste.

The kiss seemed to happen in slow motion for him but weirdly, the kiss seemed short, leaving him wanting more. Way more. He wanted to smash his lips back against her's again, this time ridding of the nervousness and replace it with passion but he was afraid of what she might think. What if she thinks he's weird? What if she doesn't even like him that way?

Wait, was the Alpha falling in love?

Xander repeated the question to himself.

Am I falling in love? Is she the second chance?

A mixture of excitement and anxiety clashed together in his heart. One side of him was glad to have another soulmate that could stand by his side but the other side was afraid of how much damage that a single person could do. He was afraid that she would catch him at his weakest, find his blindspot and take everything away from him.

The situation was aggravating. Why couldn't he just pull away? Why couldn't he leave her be and then maybe the kiss wouldn't have to happen! But now look what he did, he strengthened his feelings for her. Feelings that shouldn't exist.

The Alpha felt annoyed with himself and was desperate to find a solution to keep his mind off things. He knew one person who would be willing to do such a thing. Layla. She was always ready for a session with the Alpha.

Xander had absolutely no feelings for her. In fact, he was disgusted by her whorish behaviour but at times, when the needs of a male kicks in, he just has to do it.

Persuading himself and his wolf, Xander sniffed the air and searched for the services of Layla.

***************

First kisses were meant to be memorable.

No doubt, Clara's first kiss (which was taken by the Alpha himself), was probably one of the most memorable in the history of kisses. And no, it wasn't in a good way. Sure, it felt amazing. Sure, her stomach did a million flips. Sure, electricity jolted through her body.