1. Omega club

*Red's POV*

~ 10 years ago ~

"Mummy, Daddy, can we go for a picnic in the woods? Pleeease!" A little 7 year old me asked.

"Of course darling, just let me grab a picnic and then I'll tell Alpha Damon." Said Mum.

My dad whooshed me up onto his shoulders and strode out of the house with my mum closely following. Our house was right near the woods so it was just a short walk.

"yay! We're going on a picnic, we gonna have a good one, we're not scared!" I shouted at the top of my voice from on top of my dad.

We walking along, singing into the wood to a clearing that we went to all the time, especially for the amazing picnics that mum makes! After a couple of head bangs on low branches and a lot of laughter we got there. My dad put me down on the soft fluffy grass in order to help mum set out the delicious spread.

There was fairy bread, thousands of little soldier sandwiches, bowls of fruit, squash and mum's famous chocolate cake which was only for special occasions!

We sat down on the specially reserved picnic rug, in case you haven't noticed my family take picnics very seriously, and got out the plastic plates.

"I'm going to have all of it, something of everything" I told my parents.

"So am I, but after I finished I'm going to eat YOU for desert!" My dad said.

I shot up and he chased me all around the clearing until we were all exhausted and mum called us for lunch. Together we ended up eating all of it and then lay down on the grass looking up at the sky to calm our full stomachs.

"I am going to burst if I eat another strawberry!" Said mum.

"Maybe there was a bit too much food this time love!" Dad replied.

Mum and Dad have always loved each other and always will because they are mates. Mum told what a mate was that morning and apparently it is a soulmate but I don't think I could every love someone as soon as I see them.

Mum sat up and started packing the leftovers of the picnic away with the help of all of us once we could move again.
We heard a snap behind us but carried on. That was mistake number one.

Suddenly three very large wolves jumped out of one of the bushes behind us. They smelt of rotten flesh and had bright red eyes showing they were rogues. They will kill without warning. One black one, one tan and one brown and they all had matted dirt filled fur.

Dad shoved me and mum behind him and started growling viciously. These wolves were a threat to his family.
The rogues slowly edged forward, pausing every now and then, but all at once two of them lunged at dad!
Me and mum screamed. Mistake number 2.

Dad was strong but was taken by surprise and couldn't kill two mad wolves. You could see he was losing.
The final rogue started stalking carefully towards mum so she stood in front of me protectively.
This wolf was bidding his time.

In the meantime, dad had taken down one rogue who was laying on the floor with its throat ripped out but was breathing heavily and covered in scratches. When his back was turned, mistake number 3, the black rogue grabbed dad's neck and crushed his windpipe.

"Daddy! No!" I screamed, dropping my flowers at his side.

Mum fell to the floor because of Dad's pain and started crying like a madwoman. The wolf near her changed back into a man and shoved a dagger near her throat.

"One move, I cut" he said simply in a forced voice.

"P-please...n-no. D-don't kill m-mummy"