Chapter 15- Welcome Home!

Hey y'all! I've FINALLY pushed past my horrid case of writer's block, and this is the product! I apologize if this isn't up to better standerds... ENJOY! 

DISCLAIMER- I DO NOT OWN THE BRILLIANT WORK OF PHANTOM OF THE OPERA!!!!!!!!! I  wish with all my heart that I did, but alas... 

The train screeched to a stop, jolting me completely awake from my half-asleep state. Grabbing our bags, Erik and I followed the steady stream of people out of the train. “Welcome to Italy!” I said as I turned to Erik. “Now we don’t have much time until our train leaves for Lucca, otherwise I would take you on a tour of Venice.” I picked up my bags and walking briskly to the other train that was boarding, Erik followed me as we boarded the train to Lucca.

When the train pulled into the station, we stepped off the train and I sighed in relief. “We made it!” I said, smiling. “Now my house isn’t much farther… just down the street.”

“What are your parents going to say when they see me?” Erik asked.

“My parents are in America!” I said, “And my Grandmother and cousins are very accepting of strangers.”

We were silent until we reached my neighborhood, and we were met by a very familiar voice yell “ISA LOUISE SPERANZA! WHERE ON EARTH HAVE YOU BEEN?!”

“Hello to you too Olivia!” I laughed as I hugged my cousin.

“Hello? HELLO?! I haven’t seen you in years, and all you say is hello?!” she said, furiously.

“I’m sorry I left, but I couldn’t let him find me.”

“I understand.” She said as her anger was mollified. She looked at Erik as she noticed him for the first time. “And who is this? Could Isa have finally found herself a man?!”

“No! He’s my friend from the opera house.” I said as a blush spread across my cheeks. “His fiancée left him, a tragic story really and I offered to let him stay here for a while, so he didn’t have to be faced with reminders of her.”

“Oh you poor man!” Olivia cried. “I’m so sorry! Isa, speaking of fiancées… He was furious when you left. You better be careful!” she stopped, looking at Erik. “Did you tell him?”

“Yes, I told him about Xavier.” I said.

“Do I hear Isa?” My other cousin said as she walked over to us.

“Yes, I’m here Soph!” I said

“Who else is here?” she asked, tilting her head in confusion. “I know you are here and so is Olive, but the third person is a complete mystery.”

“Why can’t she see me for herself?” Erik asked.

“Sophi lost her sight when she was younger.” I explained.

“Oh, I’m sorry, I didn’t-” Erik started.