Chapter 5: Closer and Closer

Erik’s POV

When I woke up I was miserable, and I was miserable when I fell asleep the night before. My angel… she chose the fop over me, and I thought she loved me, but I guess it was all just a foolish dream.

“Erik?” I heard Isa say “There’s something I want you to see!”

“Sorry I’m planning on staying here forever.” I said.

She opened the door and said “Please?!”

“No….” I mumbled.

“I’m going to drag you out of this room and I’m going to cheer you up!” she said as she grabbed my wrist and proceeded to try to pull me out of bed. She managed to move me enough so I almost fell out of bed.

I stood up and said “Fine I’ll come with you!”

She grinned and said “To Box Five!”

We arrived as everyone was getting ready for rehearsal. People were on stage and everyone jumped as the door flew open and Raoul stormed in, looking furious.

When I saw him, I did a double take. Half of his hair was cut, but whoever cut it must have been blindfolded. The other half was braided with pink bows at the end. I had to cover my mouth to keep from laughing too loud.

“I DEMAND to know who did this!” he yelled when he reached the stage.

Everyone looked shocked and Christine fearfully said “It must have been the Phantom!”

“I found this,” he said holding up a note. “On my desk.” He cleared his throat and read. “Dear Sir, first let me suggest a hat for the next few months. Let that be a warning to you, not to interfere with my master’s plans. Your Humble Servant, SGS”

“SGS?” Andre asked confused “Who the hell is that?!”

“I don’t know.” Raoul said “It seems our friend the Phantom has a protégée.”

I looked at Isa who looked pleased with herself. “SGS?” I asked.

“Stained-Glass Shadow.” She said. “But they won’t know that.” She glanced back down and said “I was hoping the bows would hold.”

“So he can’t take them out?!” I asked with wide eyes.

“Nope!” she laughed “He will have to cut them out!”

We both laughed so loud that everyone on the stage looked up to where we were hiding. Isa put a hand on my arm and said “We should probably return.” We slipped out of the box and returned to the lair, laughing as we went.

Isa’s POV

I’m happy to say that I successfully cheered up Erik with SGS’s haircut. As soon as we returned he grabbed some paper and began to compose. I sat, watching and listening to Erik play. The music itself was full of emotion and passion. Sometimes the music dropped to the quietest whisper from a yell.