A Life With No Future Has Many Roads...

Chapter 2:

A Life With No Future Has Many Roads...

"Lilium? ... Lilium! Where are you?" Apollo called out to the child. "It is time for your break to end. The customer is waiting for you to serve him." Out in the yard of the Tea House Apollo has opened with the help of a stranger was a rose garden, floating in a wooden ark on top of a pond that was filled with Dog fish, was a wondering and innocent young Lilium. Standing fearless beside the new born sharks that were in a different pond as the dog fishes were, she held a reptilian creature close to her heart. With the young crocodile on her hand, she gave out a small sigh. "I guess it's time for me to return to my duties Jumbalin. Can you promise me that you'll behave if I put you back with the sharks this time? They may be smaller than you, but you shouldn't spoil your appetite."

Jumbalin looked at her with his red mixed with golden swamp eyes. Lilium pecked the right cheek of the reptile and spoke to it. "Of course I can trust you. You are like a new born to me, and I will trust you with my heart." she said as she let the baby crocodile down on the tiny waterfall. She quickly got out of the pond and walked away from the Rose garden. As she entered, Apollo called her again, but calmer than the other times. As time grew old, Apollo was affected by it like his father. Inheriting his genes, Apollo was effected more to illness, and throughout the time with Lilium and looking after the Tea House, Apollo grew tumor in his heart. Not having the strength to tell the child he calls his own the truth, he looks behind the truth, and continues his life.

"Good to see you are full of energy today Lilium. I hope you the best, for today seems to be a busy one, much like the other week that has passed." Lilium smiled at the young adult, grabbed his hand, and pulled him close for a hug as though he was gone for years. "Is everything ok child?" asked Apollo. "If you are not feeling good today, I can fill in the spot for you dearest."

"It's coming close to that day Mr. Apollo, when they died..."

Apollo felt tears falling from the child's eyes. Out of instincts from a father, he put his arms around her, and hugged her tight. Hoping, wishing, and praying to calm her down. To Apollo it was a mystery now whether or not if her father and mother were living. After they left, he lost all contact he had with them at the time. He has hoped for the best for them, but to everyone in the town, hope was another word to keep tears from falling.

"Don't worry. They are with the lord now. Don't cry child..."

During the past 10 years, Apollo was true to his word to her father and the man who has helped him open the Tea House. Treating the young maiden as a daughter of his own blood, he held no tolerance over any man who entered his house with the want for buying her. Since turning 9, she has helped Apollo run the business in an attempt to ease his long days of serving customers, both rude and nice. Even though she worked as a waitress, and to the town a waitress was another vessel to sell themselves, he never allowed a man show disrespect towards her. Some may have succeeded on hurting her, but Apollo would always rush on time to him and cut his finger off.

"Come child. It's time to work. Put on your outfit and go to the Tea room."

Lilium wiped her tears away and rushed to put her work clothe on her. She didn't hate, but rather loved the Tea House. Some elderly men would even give some money to her to buy some food and new clothe for herself. And on occasions, even ask her to sit and accompany them by talking with them. But there were some parts she disliked about the job. And out of the list in dislikes, the most was the fact that even some of the elderly men would go beyond the line of comfort. At most, the ones with horrible intensions thought that even though it was a tea house, they were still allowed to do what they pleased with her and talk about unappropriated subjects with her.