0.2

"Bruna!" The light skinned boy yelled with a smile. I walk over to him. He was beautiful, his smile was beautiful, one like I've never seen before. "Bruna?" He says snapping me back to the real world.

"I'm so sorry, can you repeat that?" I laugh as him and his two friends join.

"It's okay, can you give me this in a size nine please." He says handing me a pair of Nike running shoes.

"Yeah I'll be back." I say walking to the back of the store.

I go grab the box then come back out. I see him starring at me as I walk back towards him, I give him a smile.

"Here you go." I say handing him one shoe. He takes the shoe then grabs my hand, but not noticeable for his friends to see since they were looking all around the store. I look at him confused, he just gives me another smile then let's my hand go.

"I'll be over there if you need me." I say confused then walking back to Jackie.

"What was that all about?" Jackie says with a smirk.

"I dunno, but the boy's cute." I say smiling to myself.

"Eh, the dark skinned one's cuter." She says laughing causing the boys to look at us. I hit her arm with my elbow, she quickly stops giving me huge smile, meaning she wanted to continue laughing. I look at her and quickly laugh as well.

"So how's your mom?" Jackie asks.

"She's, the same." I say quietly.

"No one wants to hire her still?" She says with a frown.

"No."

I don't usually like talking about my problems at work but since jackie was one of my best friends, and I knew I could trust her.

"My moms hiring at her salon, you can ask her if she's interested." Jackie says putting her hand on my shoulder.

"I'll ask. Thank you Jackie it really means a lot." I say.

"Of course dude, I know how things been lately." She says looking at her phone.

"What time is it?" I ask her.

"Seven twenty seven. Three more hours to go." She says with a sigh.

"Let me see if these guys are alright." I say walking back to the three. "You guys good over here?" I say to the two who were still looking at our small selection of clothes.

"Yeah, hey I have a question for you though." The dark skinned boy said.

"Go ahead."

"Why aren't you freaking out? Don't you know who we are?" He says raising his nicely shaped eyebrow.

"No, but I guess you guys are known with a lot of girls" I say making it sound more like a question.

"Well yeah, I'm Daniel, that's Devin and Kevin's over there, ring a bell?" The Hispanic boy says.

"Nope, and also I'm not trying to rush you guys because I love that you choose this store but we do also have other customers that would like to come in." I say with a chuckle.

"Sorry, we're the group called The Bomb Digz, and we're uh, kind of famous."

"Nice, so what do y'all do? YouTube?" I ask but they laugh. "What's so funny?"

"No, well yeah, we sing." Kevin walks back with the shoe. "And I'll take these." He smiles.

I walk back with Kevin to the cash register.

"Sixty five is your total." I say as he pulls out his wallet. He hands me a hundred dollar bill.

"Keep the change." He says with a smile.

"Oh no, we can't take this." I say since our policy was to never take anyone's money.

"Oh sure you can I don't need it." He says with a shrug.

"How do you not need that? That's like forty dollars that your just throwing away." I say in disbelief. I would never be able to do that.

"It's okay." He says taking his bag then walking away.

I look to the three that were leaving the store then back at Jackie. She laughs and continues to look at them as well.

"Go." I say.

"Why me?"

"Because I had to help get those girls put so now you go open the door and let them out." She laughs as she walks to the door letting the boys go back to the screaming girls.

-

"Finally." I say as me and Jackie walk back to my car.

"I felt like the day would never end." She chuckles.

"Same." I say returning the chuckle.

As I pull out the drive way I head to Jackie's house since I needed to drop her off.

"Tomorrow I'm not going to school." I say to Jackie.

"Why not?" She says turning down the radio.

"I have to take Lalo to the doctor tomorrow, he has the flu." I say. "And my mom can't take him since she's going to some job fair thing and Andrew has an SAT tomorrow."

"That sucks."

"Yeah, I just wish things would be easier."