Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Danielle’s P.O.V:

I woke up this morning at about 11. That was really late for me. The boys mentioned that they had interviews and photo shoots today and they wouldn’t be home until the afternoon. I decided that today, I was going to teach myself how to play the guitar some more. I decided to skip breakfast; I have really lost my appetite since mum is gone.

Yesterday, all my boxes from home arrived, so after I unpacked the last few things, I pulled out my laptop and looked up how to play the guitar online. I used to play piano when I was younger but I hated my teacher. When I watched x factor last year, I was determined to teach myself how to play some sort of instrument. I had taught myself the first verse of Skyscraper by Demi Lovato, I was pretty proud of myself!

~~~~~~~~~~~

Everyday, when the boys had to go to the studio or whatever, I would normally stay at home and teach myself the guitar. I didn’t like being in the public eye, so I rarely went with them. I have taught myself the full song of Skyscraper by Demi Lovato now. I loved that song, I connected to it easily.

~~~~~~~~~~

Today the boys were at another studio session and I’ve decided to teach myself a new song. I strummed along to Skyscaper and sang along first just to warm up. I never sang if the boys were in the house, I would be too embarrassed! They also didn’t know I played guitar, I kept it hidden. I was scrolling through my favourite songs on my iPod and I decided I was going to teach myself how to play ‘Missed’ by Ella Henderson. She is one of my favourite artists, and I cried for an hour when she was kicked off the x factor! I looked up the chords and slowly started learning them. I found it hard because I didn’t know all of my proper chords yet. When I had learnt the first chorus, I played it through and sang along.

George’s P.O.V

I felt like rubbish, I had a horrible sore head and a runny nose. I have had a cold for a few days, but today was the worst, so I decided to skip the studio and stay in bed. The boys just left about half an hour ago. I think Dani was still asleep. I loved having Dani around; she was so much fun, when she is not being shy. I think she will start to open up when she gets to know us better, she was so cute. We’re so lucky that she knows how to cook and look after herself! I don’t think us boys would be able to look after a child; we can barely look after ourselves!

I decided I would take a paracetemol to ease the pain in my head and relax in bed for the morning. I dragged myself out of bed and over to the bathroom, splashed some water on my face and headed downstairs. After making myself some toast and taking some medicine, I felt a lot better. I headed up to my room. My room is across the corridor from Josh’s and beside Danielle’s. I could hear some music being played from Dani’s room, and guitar being played. Whoever was singing was singing one of Ella’s songs. It didn’t sound like Ella though, wait, was that Danielle? She doesn’t play guitar though, she has an amazing voice!

Should I knock on the door or not? She thinks she is home alone like usual, maybe she might knock me out. She doesn’t seem like she would be strong enough to knock me out. I’m going to knock on the door. I slowly walked up to the door and knocked on it before going in. All I could see was Dani’s laptop and a guitar on her bed.

“Danielle, are you there?” I croaked. “It’s George”. I closed the door behind me and I saw Dani crawl out from under her bed, she was seriously pale. “Are you okay?” I asked. She nodded “I thought you were a burglar, you scared the shit outta me!”. “Sorry” I giggled “Was that you singing?” I asked. Dani blushed and stared at the floor, I took this as a yes. “You were really good!” I complimented. I could see Dani go even redder and shake her head ever so slightly. She needed to believe in herself more, have more self confidence, she was so shy. “Do you play guitar?” I asked. “I started teaching myself about a week ago” Dani murmured. “Do you know any songs?” I smiled. She nodded. I gestured towards the guitar. Dani sat on her bed and placed the guitar on her lap. I could see how nervous she was even performing in front of me, this girl had some serious confidence issues.