Chapter 7

Chapter 7

A Few Weeks Later

Danielle’s P.O.V

Today, the boys had the day off. I was woken up by Lola licking my face. A few weeks ago, JJ and his girlfriend Caterina got a dog. It is a small pug called Lola and it’s very cute. I have never really liked dogs, but I love Lola, whenever Caterina brings her over, she snuggles up to me on the sofa, it’s so damn cute. I guess that Caterina must be here, I could smell pancakes from the kitchen. I stretched and got out of bed and pulled on a hoodie. I threw my hair into a messy bun and picked up Lola before heading downstairs.

Lola had moved around and was now licking my face as she walked into the kitchen. “Morning” I grumbled. “Morning Dani, how are you?” Caterina asked with a smile. Caterina was really nice and I didn’t understand why she got hate on twitter. “Good, good. What’s cooking?” I asked. “Were making chocolate chip pancakes, do you want one?” she asked. I nodded with a smile on my face.

I had a shower and got dressed. I pulled on a pair of leggings and a maroon sweatshirt with GEEK written across it. “Danniiiiiiiiiii” George called from downstairs. “Yeeeeeessssssssss” I called back. “Do you wanna play some guitar today; I could teach you a new song?” George asked. I nodded. George came into my room and sat on the bed with his guitar in his lap. I was now starting to feel more at home with the boys. It felt strange without mum being here and living with all boys as I was used to it just being me and mum. I facetimed Holly and Carlie every couple of days, when they got the chance and Mary let them use the wifi, they facetimed me from the stables. I still got really homesick and I missed mum every day, but I was enjoying my time here. The boys were slowly starting to get to know the real me, I wasn’t shy anymore.

After I had played guitar with George until my fingers hurt. “By the way, were having a friend over for dinner tonight that we would like you to meet” George grinned as he walked out of my room. “Who?” I shouted but I got no answer, George must be out of earshot.

We were having dinner in half an hour and the ‘friend’ the boys wanted me to meet was going to arrive soon. I have put on a minimal amount of make-up, just some foundation, eye shadow, eyeliner and mascara. I brushed out my hair and pinned a few strands away from my face I was still wearing my clothes from earlier, I wasn’t going to dress up if it was just dinner here, and the boys didn’t change either.

I heard the doorbell ring and George answer it. The voices were muffled and I couldn’t make out who was at the door. “Daniiiii” George called. “Coming” I shouted, checking my reflection in the mirror before rushing downstairs. I landed at the bottom of the stairs and walked into the kitchen where I heard everyone talking. I could hear a female voice, but I couldn’t make out who it was. I think it was Caterina. I walked in. “Dani, this is Ella” George smiled and pointed to a beautiful girl standing beside him. It was Ella fricken Henderson, she was my idol, my inspiration. My jaw dropped. George giggled, he knew I was a huge fan of Ella’s. “Hi Danielle, it’s lovely to meet you. I’ve heard loads about you.” Ella came over and enveloped me in a hug. “Whatever they said, it’s not true” I laughed. “Dinner’s ready!” Olly announced. We all gathered around the table, I was sat beside Ella, Josh and George was at each end of the table and Jaymi and Olly were across from me and Ella. JJ had gone out with Caterina for the night.

I was in the kitchen getting drinks for everyone with George. “Thanks for the warning, I’ve made a fool out of myself” I joked. “Nahh, she likes you, just stop being so shy” George smiled as we carried the drinks into the dining room. We were making small talk whilst eating the delicious spaghetti that Olly had made, he was the best cook! I was really nervous, with Ella sitting right beside me. She was the one who inspired me to sing and play guitar, even though she played piano. I had found out that Ella lived down the road; about five minutes walk away from the house.

Dinner was finished and we were having some of the brownies that I had baked yesterday. They were really chocolately and delicious. “These are delicious, you should come over to me and we could bake sometime” Ella smiled. “Definitely, that would be fun” I smiled. “So, the boys have told me you can sing.” Ella started. I shook my head and laughed “As I said, anything they told you about me is not true.” “Are we seriously having this conversation again?” George groaned. “Fine then, to settle it how about you sing something for us?” Ella grinned. I sighed. “Please, I haven’t heard you yet” Olly added. I raised my hands in surrender “Fine, just let me get my guitar”.

I trudged up the stairs; I really didn’t want to sing for Ella, I mean she is amazing and beautiful and I’m just me, talentless and ugly. I brought my guitar and sat on the sofa beside Josh, the only free space around the room. “What was the first song you learnt on the guitar?” George wiggled his eyebrows. “No way. Absolutely Not!” I was determined. “Yes way, right now. I will shove pie in your face otherwise” George giggled. I sighed. I started strumming the chords to ‘Missed’ I can’t believe I am going to embarrass myself like this. I slowly started to sing. I looked over to Ella and I saw a huge smile on her face.

When I finished I looked up from my guitar to see everyone smiling. “My adoptive daughter is so talented!” Olly exclaimed with happiness. I couldn’t help but laugh. “You sang my song” Ella gasped. “I’m sorry” I murmured. “Don’t be sorry, that was amazing, better than me!” Ella grinned. I breathed a sigh of relief. We continued to chat for the rest of the night. I had loads of fun with Ella, she was just like I imagined, down to earth and loads of fun. She may be a few years older than me, but I think I may have just found a close friend over here that’s not one of the boys.