I Rejected The Ugly Dork But Now He's The Hot Popular Guy (Chapter 23)

** what did i say? am i the best dealkeeper or what? lol. so i know it's really short but i'll try to make the next one longer! plus, love all of you that voted and commented even though i left you for so long! thank you, you guys are the best! anyways enjoy! **

Chapter 23

"Adam," I breathed being crushed by his bear hug. He smelt so good.

"How was it?" he asked letting go.

"Well he talked really really fast and kept coming up with me killing Nikki scenarios but apart from that, I'm in the clear. I think."

"Same, that dude's crazy."

"Adam, who do you think kidnapped Nikki?" I asked.

"I don't know, but the only person here who's crazy enough to do something like that is Aiden Midas," he said as a passing comment as we walked the halls but it made sense.

"You're right," I said in a daze putting all the pieces together. Of course he didn't have a motive but did Aiden Midas really need a motive? He certainly didn't in the past.

Adam laughed. "Lor, I'll admit Aiden is messed up but I doubt he'd kidnap Nikki. This is probably just a little attention seeking plot. Trust me, she's safe in a hotel burning a hole in daddy's credit card."

"You probably think I'm stupid worrying about stuff like that."

"Nah, I think it's cute," he said kissing me on the forehead.

But despite Adam's reassuring and very realistic explanation I still didn't buy it. Nikki wouldn't just disappear after she went down like that. She'd come to school, dig dirt on me, make me suffer without me knowing it was her. In fact she'd probably make both me and Adam suffer, so why would she pull an attention seeking stunt now? It just didn't make sense.

I didn't voice any of that to Adam because he'd probably just give me some rational explanation, and where's the fun in that? So instead under the cover of the night, my previous partners in crime and I did a little investigating.

"Why are we doing this?" Marshall shivered.

"Because Nikki is a decent person," I replied looking away from my binoculars for a second to justify why we were hiding behind a bush.

"Decent?" Leanne retorted.

"Okay, she's a person," I retorted back.

"Yes but it is highly unlikely she's in Aiden's house," Leanne pressed.

"Why did you come then?" I asked.

"Because you know how I like adventure and this is the most fun adventure we've had since we freed you from those crazy dudes. Oh and the time we broke into the boys locker room, remember that?" Leanne actually sighed. "Those were the good days."

"Those crazy dudes would have had no qualms in killing us and you and Marshall were locked in the closet in the locker room for hours," I stated.

"Actually we stayed until it got dark and we were sure everyone had left but the school was locked," Marshall recited. "But you'd be surprised how quickly you can fall asleep when you're scared and an inch from peeing youself."

"Right," I murmured. "Anyways, oo, I think he's there!"

"Where is he? Is he coming out of the house?" Leanne whispered.

"Is he going in? Is he coming for us?" Marshall whispered in a panicked frenzy. He didn't want to come in the first place and I didn't plan on letting him know where we were going but he overheard me and Leanne speaking and was convinced that we'd perish without a male presence in Aiden Midas' bedroom. And the funny thing was; he was serious and even seemed to consider himself a large male presence. Leanne didn't protest too much at his sexist remark, I think it's because she wanted to see Marshall scared shitless again. Oh how I have healthy friends.