Chapter One: Fuck Wit You

Vicky Parrish

The drive to the new house was long and I wasn't ready to see it. Moving to Virginia would be hard.

"Honey, aren't you happy?" My mom asked me once the big house came into view.

"No." I grumbled as I plugged my headphones into my ears.

My mom gave me a sad look as my dad stopped the van. We pulled into the driveway and I opened my door.

"You must be the new neighbors! I'm Tammy and this is my son Darrin."Miss Tammy said as a boy stood next to her.

His arms were crossed and he gave me a mean mug. I returned the mug and rolled my eyes hard.

"Hi! I'm Celeste and this is my husband Brandon." My mom was too happy as she smiled hard.

"This is our daughter Victoria."

"Vicky!" I said loud and clear.

I hated my real name. It was so white and Vicky seemed to suit me better. I ignored the new neighbors and asked my father to open the trunk.

"I'm sorry, my daughter has a big attitude problem to be eight." Momma said giving me a look and I knew I was getting a whooping.

"Ha. That's okay I understand how you feel. Matter of fact Darrin why don't you go help Vicky out with the boxes." His mom winked at me and I smiled at her because she used my nickname.

Darrin stomped his way over to me and snatched the lightweight box out of my hand. I growled at him and took another box.

"For a girl you sure are ugly." He said to me as the adults talked.

"At least I ain't funky." I said with attitude in my voice.

With that the box was thrown at my head. I launched the box at Darrin as we tackled each other.

****
I held a ice pack to my head as my mom put multiple band aids on me. The fight between Darrin and I caused me to be punished.

"But he hit me first." I defended myself trying to get out of this situation.

"I don't care. You know better than to put your hands on a boy or anybody for that matter." Dad said and I rolled my eyes.

****
"Go over there and tell them your sorry." My mom pushed me out the door.

I walked down the driveway and walked across Miss Tammy's lawn. The white door was closed as I knocked on the door.

She came to the door with a smile on her face. However my face stayed blank.

"I'm here to apologize to Darrin." I said.

I was never the one to say sorry first. She let me in a left me alone with Darrin in the living room.

I jumped over the couch and grabbed the bowl of popcorn he had. I stuffed a hand full of it in my mouth.

"Hey loser! My bad about yesterday." I said eating some more popcorn and propping my feet up on Darrin's lap.

"You just had to make a grand entrance." He rolled his eyes but returned back to his game.

"You should be the one apologizing though cuz you hit me first." I said.

"My bad about yesterday." He mocked me.

"We should be friends! By the way that popcorn needs some salt and hot sauce." I handed him the bowl before walkin out his house.

That was the start of a beautiful friendship.

Authors Note:
Thanks for reading the first chapter! Tell me what y'all think? I was also wondering who y'all think should play the two main characters Vicky and Darrin(btw they both black so I need black characters)