Chapter Twelve: BBQ

Vicky Parrish(in mm)

I finished putting my nude lipstick on my lips. I checked my silver Rolex watch and saw that I was right on schedule.

"Girl hurry up!" Janay screamed at me from the hallway.

"Aight damn." I said under my breath.

I pulled down my shirt a little and grabbed my purse. I wore black ripped jeans, a plain orange shirt, and black sandals.

"I'm ready." I said finally coming out the bathroom.

"Why you trynna look cute for Darrin?" Keyshawn asked sarcastically smirking.

I tried to stale face her but I ended up smiling. They snickered in response as we walked out of my apartment.

****
Biggie Smalls played from Darrin's backyard. His house was huge because of the money he made.

Key pulled the car through the gate after telling the guards our names. The smell burnt ribs of the grill filled my nose.

"I sho' throw down on the grill!" Darrin's father said laughing.

"You gotta learn how to pick it back up pops!" I said smiling at him.

"Aye wassup baby girl. How you been?" Mr. John asked.

"I've been good! You should flip the ribs now, they burnin." I said hearing him cuss and flip the ribs.

Darrin's parents ended up staying together and working out there problems. I can still remember Darrin's face when he finally saw his parents getting along.

I talked to some of Darrin's family members. Of course they still remember me from when Darrin and I were really close.

I saw Darrin playing basketball at the court he had built in his backyard. That's how big his house is.

"Yo!" I yelled loud enough so that he would stop.

He smiled at me. We gave each other a hug even though he was sweaty.(Darrin down below)

****"You remember how I used to call you ugly all the time!" I said laughing with Darrin

****
"You remember how I used to call you ugly all the time!" I said laughing with Darrin.

"I remember how you used to get attitudes all the fucking time. You were so mean." Darrin said as we laid in the hammock.

The sun was setting by then. Most of his family had went home. Key and Jay were swimming in the pool with Reggie and Ray.

It was just him and I chillin. We reminisced on the good times.

"You remember when we first met?" I asked knowing he would remember.

"Hell yeah! I called you ugly for a girl."

"You threw that box at my head cuz I called you funky." We laughed together.

Soon I felt his lips on mine. I leaned into the kiss as his hand cupped my cheek.

"Oh shit! Finally!" Raymond yelled from the pool and we pulled away smiling like idiots.

"Man stop being a cock block." Reggie said.

"Y'all always gotta ruin the moment. But y'all goals!" Jaynay yelled splashing Raymond in the pool.

****
The door bell rang while Darrin and I watched  The Conjuring. I jumped.

"Nigga go get the door." I whispered scared.

"Really bar? Just go answer the door. This movie too good." I sucked my teeth and pulled down the shirt Darrin let me wear.

The door bell rang a second time and I unlocked the door and swung it open.

"Who you?" I asked the light skinned chick who had a baby girl and a baby boy in a stroller.

"Where Darrin at?" She asked rolling her eyes.

"Bitch-" I was cut off by Darrin walking behind me.

"Diamond? What are you doing here." He asked her.

And this is what she replied. "I'm here to give you yo kids."

Authors Note:
I left y'all with a cliffhanger on the low. Sorry that's it's so short!